Votes: 23 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Was going to get them, but decided not to because I thought they would peel easy and be a waste of £50.

Now I'm thinking of getting some!!! :)

Are there better ones than the official MINI ones?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Kinster said:
Was going to get them, but decided not to because I thought they would peel easy and be a waste of £50.

Now I'm thinking of getting some!!! :)

Are there better ones than the official MINI ones?
Mini Spares made mine... I prefer them to the official bimmer ones.. email [email protected] for more info

(i'm not on commission - yet)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dodger, those stripes look cool. what do they say on them? I think I may be changing my mind about getting stripes. Of course, by the time we actually get to order a car here in the US, we'll be suffering from nervous exhaustion because we've changed our minds so much - Denise K.:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Denise

The writing says John Cooper and is in silver. They were done by an autographic company that we know and only cost us £35 :D :D :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dodger, yours look nice, but the factory ones with that stupid white trim makes them look ugly IMHO.

Daniel--whos not getting the stripes form MINI:)

·
Registered
930 Posts
No stripes for me, just not my thing.

But the Cooper S (pure silver?) with the black stripes at the Detroit show (I think) looked really good.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Bonnet stripes

yes & no :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Bonnet stripes

monsta said:

You have them on your car already though Paul!
me?? :D

I was being sarcastic! meaning that smiffy had left no room on the fence the way he is sitting on it hehe

I love them and think they are great:cool:

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bonnet stripes

ELISEBOY said:

me?? :D

I was being sarcastic! meaning that smiffy had left no room on the fence the way he is sitting on it hehe

I love them and think they are great:cool:
Sorry, it's hard to tell a tone of sarcasm from just text..!!

:D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
getting bonnet stripes on my replacement car, but not BMW ones :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I think they look great, but I'm going to wait until delivery and see the car "naked" first before I fit them (dealer fit anyway).

This will be my car.......maybe even with WHITE S-spokes.....got about 8 weeks before my build sheet goes north.......:)

My thanks again to Marcel for modifying this image to match my spec for me......:)

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like the bonnet stripes:p Has anyone seen or photo shopped a picture of a dark silver/black w/bonnet stripes? That would be way:cool: I've seen the silver/black but the contrast is going to look different on the dark.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Will have racing stripes painted on the car. BIG ones...probably one large stripe on the center of the car covering the supercharger duct and 3/4" stripes lateral to the large stripe. The stripes will be a bright yellow if I get a black car or black if I get a yellow car. Either way I will get 17" wheels painted yellow inside of the bright shiny rim edges. The Killerbee logos will grace the car as they have on my Miata.:cool: :D
ps anyone with photoshop...if you could make a mock up of these two cars (without the logos)..I would greatly appreciate their efforts. Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts