MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the MY Boost upgrade today I hereby post some of my thoughts

My dealer made some arrangements and a Boost MY 2005 was installed today (as well as the Works 10 HP upgrade kit).

A newer firmware version was also loaded: V 24.1 which gives 4-1/42 (was 4-1/40) on DVD based systems.

TMC functionality is finally there but no voice :( . (it seems that good old "Trudl" is dead and indeed the HIS computer gave a error on the navigation system. My dealer will check this out, but perhaps it has to do with the Harman Kardon Sound System ; any body with thoughts.

I hope we have not to upgrade the nav. system reader or other hardware as well to have both TMC AND voice.

BTW. the Works upgrade kit is great,even smoother ride and from 45000 revs a nice sound. (seems "darker too)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My dealer gave me below information on my problems. (no nav voice)

Initially (July/August) the MY 2005 Boost got Parts. No. 6512 6941 367. My dealer ordered in November a modified Part. No. 6512 6941 368.

Today they got information from BMW/Mini The Netherlands that yet a new modification was made. Order Part. No. 6512 6949 727. (above XXXXXX367 and XXXXXX368 are NOT available anymore)

My dealer will order the latest Parts No. and see if the nav. voice will return. (Frankly speaking I still think that the problem is due the HK System, which has also no speed volume sensitivity control).

Keep you posted

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.