MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a standard boost radio with stock speedo in my 2014 Cooper s r57. I decided I needed sat nav but fitting one is a real pain as the dash doesn’t allow it that easy.
So I started my treck over these forums and discovered a post when the Sat Nav speed unit with fit into my car and the warning lights, fuel gauge and speed will work without any mods needed. So off I trotted to the local scrap merchant online and purchased one for £45.
I had a spare Garmin Sat Nav that was just the right size for the screen that was currently installed into this unit so I removed the screen and remove the screen from the back that held the screen in place installed my sat nav into this bracket and fixed it to the Speedo. I had to do a little mod to bridge the gap between the back place and sat nav to it fit tight. (will add photos of the finished project once complete but didn’t take any during the process unfortunately)
I removed the stock speedo , not too a big job and central console along with the boost radio as there one unit. Fitted the new speedo and all ok ( needed to drill a small hole in the plastic on dash to accommodate the pin on rear of new unit as in a different place ). I had bought a new console that would take a double din holding to fit the boost radio but after a couple of hours realised this was not going to work. So I had to buy a new radio ( Sony single din radio , Bluetooth unit ) and installed this with adapter to connect to power aerial and steering wheel control.
So here we go this is what I lost
No.1 NO GONG so I get no warning sounds as this went through the boost radio
No.2 NO PDC again this went though the boost radio
This so far is what I lost. However I’m not worried about the gong and re the PDC I bought a aftermarket sensor kit and installed it so once again I can park in safety ( not that you really need it in a mini but the convertible has limited view )
Photos to follow

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have now discovered a cable “ connects2 CTSBM013.2 now this cable I’m told will reinstate my gong and PDC everything that went through the stock head unit. I can even reconnect the steering wheel controls with an add on cable. So cable ordered £140 let’s see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts