MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MiniRed
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a "boot liner?"

I am interested in one that has a lip or curves up around the edges (perhaps held in place with velcro).

I frequently carry plants - and soil, leaves, etc. never fail to get under the edges of the conventional flat boot mat. I am weary of having to vacuum the boot.

The only one I can locate is at Gotmini:

http://www.gotmini.com/miniint.htm (with red trim - half way down page)

Anyone know of any others?

MMM

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
MiniMamaMia said:
Does anyone have a "boot liner?"

I am interested in one that has a lip or curves up around the edges (perhaps held in place with velcro).

I frequently carry plants - and soil, leaves, etc. never fail to get under the edges of the conventional flat boot mat. I am weary of having to vacuum the boot.

The only one I can locate is at Gotmini:

http://www.gotmini.com/miniint.htm (with red trim - half way down page)

Anyone know of any others?

MMM
I got the MINI one from the "factory"...works well. Basically it folds flat if you don't need it, but then it opens up and the dividers are held in place by velcro. So, it's a handy space for me to store my map books, a blanket, my jumper cables, and in the winter, a half-size jug of washer fluid. They don't move around, which is nice.

It is just short of the width of the boot so that it doesn't sit on top of the toolkit (US).

·
Diversi-DIAL Veteran
51 Posts
Aqualung said:
I got the MINI one from the "factory"...works well. Basically it folds flat if you don't need it, but then it opens up and the dividers are held in place by velcro. So, it's a handy space for me to store my map books, a blanket, my jumper cables, and in the winter, a half-size jug of washer fluid. They don't move around, which is nice.

It is just short of the width of the boot so that it doesn't sit on top of the toolkit (US).
I think that's the boot box, not the boot liner (or maybe boot mat I think is what's in the accessories catalog I saw last year). I also have the boot box, which is not really suitable for plants (not even when flat upside-down), but in addition I have a boot mat extension, which does have raised edges that will help keep minor spills from the seats. I've only ever used the boot mat extension with the seats down; I don't think it will fit with the seats up. But if the boot mat is like the extension, it is probably just what MiniMamaMia is looking for. The MiniMania ones look identical to the ones available from the dealer, except perhaps in color.

Try this link: http://new.minimania.com/web/AddedFrom/Suggest_invDetail/Item/NMA1034/InvDetail.cfm

The GotMini one doesn't have a raised lip, although it otherwise looks quite nice.

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
I've got the 'load liner' (is this the one?). It covers the entire load area when the rear seats are folded down. It attaches to the headrests, then by suction cups to the windows, then with velcro straps to the seat upper loops (which are free since the seats are down) and then through two loops you push in under the boot seal. It zips up at the back to make a fully enclosed 'box'. When you unzip the back it folds down to make a load sill protector (like mechanics use on car wings when working on the engine).

I use it to carry all sorts of stuff, bags of sand, wood, plants etc.. It's an original MINI part and cost me about £80 (although this was last year). It comes with it's own carry case (emblazened with the MINI logo :D ), but it is quite large. It fits neatly in the base of the boot, but you do lose the bottom 3 inches of the boot space.

If you need photos I could possibly be persuaded (with a little rep ;) )

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Does anyone do a rollaway cargo cover for the MINI? it would fit between the B pillars (perhaps via suction cups) at the level of the rear window bottoms and then pull back to perhaps pop into the slots that the Boot top panel pivots in when pulled back to cover luggage or cargo from prying eyes when the rearseats are folded down or removed.
if not does anyone know of a custom place that would make one?

·
MiniRed
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GMINI03 said:
whats wrong with the rubber boot mat MINI sells?

I've had mine since I bough my MINI and love it.
There's certainly nothing wrong with it - it just doesn't work for me when hauling garden stuff. I need one that has a high lip and also can be hosed off. Vacuuming the boot is not my cleaning method of choice.

MMM

·
MiniRed
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
To follow up my prior post, here are some pics...certainly seems to fit your requirements, it's the Boot Box (US$80) from my MINI dealer, I ordered when I configured my car.

There are several options for configuring it inside, e.g. the panels have velcro tabs to give you a lot of variety so that the flower flat will fit inside, or a couple of tall geranium pots, etc.....

In the first one, I have a single partition wall up, so that you can see the large map books fitting, and a fairly wide open area to the left. Note that you could have an identical area on the left, and then subdivide the middle in half again.

When not in use it collapses flat. It's vinyl, so it can be removed and washed w/ the hose.

Attachments

·
MiniRed
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aqualung said:
To follow up my prior post, here are some pics...certainly seems to fit your requirements, it's the Boot Box (US$80) from my MINI dealer, I ordered when I configured my car.

There are several options for configuring it inside, e.g. the panels have velcro tabs to give you a lot of variety so that the flower flat will fit inside, or a couple of tall geranium pots, etc.....

In the first one, I have a single partition wall up, so that you can see the large map books fitting, and a fairly wide open area to the left. Note that you could have an identical area on the left, and then subdivide the middle in half again.

When not in use it collapses flat. It's vinyl, so it can be removed and washed w/ the hose.
Thanks for the description and the pics. It looks like it would work perfectly for me.

MMM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts