MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My '02 MCS was suffering boot rattle when driving over bumps etc. Looking at the forum everybody was talking about the lock. Now I discovered that my friends '03 MC had other buffers installed then mine. I have the ones shock absorber type and he has the plain rubber one. So I went to BMW to order a set of those and it directly solved my rattle problem. Pn of the buffers are 51 240 305 688 and are almost for free :)

Rogier

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

No it wasn't under warrenty, but the price was very low like 2 à 3 euro's for both of them.
That is not much and surely not when the rattle drives you nuts after a while. :(

Rogier

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree but mine is from '02 and it's out of warrenty although I have an extended Euro plus warrenty but don't want to take the hassle for 2 à 3 euro's

Rogier

·
"knucklehead"
1,206 Posts
racemier said:
Hi!

My '02 MCS was suffering boot rattle when driving over bumps etc. Looking at the forum everybody was talking about the lock. Now I discovered that my friends '03 MC had other buffers installed then mine. I have the ones shock absorber type and he has the plain rubber one. So I went to BMW to order a set of those and it directly solved my rattle problem. Pn of the buffers are 51 240 305 688 and are almost for free :)

Rogier

any pics of the buffers??? nid to know what buffers are you talking about... and to see if they have it in my car... tnx...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't changed the latch, for the moment I have no noise.
I use the old ones now in the Feroza Jeep to pop the hood :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Alan Tois
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing