MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My '02 MCS was suffering boot rattle when driving over bumps etc. Looking at the forum everybody was talking about the lock. Now I discovered that my friends '03 MC had other buffers installed then mine. I have the ones shock absorber type and he has the plain rubber one. So I went to BMW to order a set of those and it directly solved my rattle problem. Pn of the buffers are 51 240 305 688 and are almost for free :)

Rogier

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

No it wasn't under warrenty, but the price was very low like 2 à 3 euro's for both of them.
That is not much and surely not when the rattle drives you nuts after a while. :(

Rogier

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree but mine is from '02 and it's out of warrenty although I have an extended Euro plus warrenty but don't want to take the hassle for 2 à 3 euro's

Rogier

·
"knucklehead"
1,206 Posts
racemier said:
Hi!

My '02 MCS was suffering boot rattle when driving over bumps etc. Looking at the forum everybody was talking about the lock. Now I discovered that my friends '03 MC had other buffers installed then mine. I have the ones shock absorber type and he has the plain rubber one. So I went to BMW to order a set of those and it directly solved my rattle problem. Pn of the buffers are 51 240 305 688 and are almost for free :)

Rogier

any pics of the buffers??? nid to know what buffers are you talking about... and to see if they have it in my car... tnx...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't changed the latch, for the moment I have no noise.
I use the old ones now in the Feroza Jeep to pop the hood :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts