MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the forum!

is it possible to fit either Borbet A's or Borbet T's onto a mini cooper 02.

cheers matt

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Welcome to MINI2 ...

OEM MINI wheels have 4x100 PCD, 56.1mm centerbore and offsets ranging from 45-52mm.

What specifications do the Borbet wheels have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4x100, 16in 9.5 deep dish on the rear and 7.5 on the front

hope that helps as im very confused and not seen any other mini with them so begining to think that they wont fit

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
7.5 x 16 will be fine to fit onto a mini for the borbet a's.

the 8" wide borbet t's 14 inch may fit and once again the 7.5 x16's will fit ok.

If you are actually planning on fully euroing the car with coilovers etc be aware you may need spacers for the wider wheels as I have coilovers and 7.5 inch wide wheels and i required spacers.

I hope you stay on MINI2 as I want to see this car when it is done with the wheels and hopefully slammed!

EDIT: If you really are going to put 16x9 on the back be prepared for some mega stretch on those tyres to make it fit, i would recommend not going that wide on the back but spacing the wheels out.

Tell us your plans, im interested in the fact you are looking at these wheels as I want to euro my car next summer with smaller wheels and extreme lowerage, only for summer though lol Love my 18's too much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, yeh im planning borbet a's with coilys, wont be something that happens overnight though!
matt

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
very nice!! The only euro'd mini I have seen was in america and it had BBS wheels, 15/16 and really wide right down on coilovers and it looked insane.

I already have the coilovers so the expense for me is another set of wheels. I like both borbet wheels you posted.

Good luck with the car anyway

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im looking at borbet a's 16 inch and will probably go 7.5 all round, unsure on the offsets, have been told they will fit from seller aswell. matt

·
Registered
195 Posts
im currently in the process of doin this aswell.....borbet type A's and coilovers.... my problem is i want to buy both at the same time, wanna see how low i need to go to make it look schweet.... ive bought the borbets but obvioulsy both r pretty pricey....but i let us know how u get on n vice versa!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was thinking down this euro route and with the borbetA's keep the forum updated with pics would love to see them on a mini.
Go as low as you can go!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh might have to have a re-think i wanted ot be diferent lol!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
im doning the whole "euro" thing too..........lol

its going to kill me to get rid of my 18's too mate, come to think of it now, im going to have to get smaller brakes as well................noooooo

i think miniboys car atm is the way to go............

theres some good stuff on edition38 if you look in the there.

roll on image split rims next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Yeah it looks insane, although I would rather have some serious deep dish wheels with stretched tyres down on coilovers.

Im still keeping my 18's but I am thinking about another set of wheels.

Will be keeping an eye on this thread

·
Registered
223 Posts
here are afew more pics of his car...........

·
Registered
223 Posts
or how about .......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts