MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the past few weeks i have started to become board of my interior, ive got a 03 one and ive go the basic interior of plain black seats and a dull silver and black interior!

basically i was just wondering what anyone has done with their interior or any suggestions that you think would improve it and where i cud go to get things to do it etc

Any help, advise and pics wud be great!

Matt

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Hi Byrnie,

Firstly, please drop the "txt spk" - it doesn't help anyone on the forums ;)

The world is your oyster when it comes to interiors, from seat re-trims to sprayed panels and chrome dress up kits. Why don't you post a photo of how it looks currently so folks can suggest more easily?

Jon

·
Registered
782 Posts
The carbon dash panels are relatively cheap at the moment. Spray the rest black and it looks much better.

I done a little more with genuine GP dials, JCW sports steering wheel, all carbon and Innovate gauges.

·
Registered
782 Posts
With the almighty Dremel tool and a lot of (precise) work :)

It's a one of a kind with all original MINI parts and cheaper than the 400 pound carbon buttons I have seen somewhere on the internet which still had silver buttons.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Looks very good :cool:

For the original poster, here's a pic of my old Cabrios interior. It has the factory colour coded (cool blue) dash and door bezels. I added all the chrome, colour coded gear knob, JCW wheel in leather and colour coded the wheel trims in cool blue too :p

Plus a few other bits like Cooper S pedals, Roadpilot, etc ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
im debating what to do with my cooper to atm, still nearly stock inside have decided one some nice alacantera Recaro buckets, 3 spoke s wheel, but not sure on the rest yet have some plans for the dash bt not sure what yet

·
Registered
70 Posts
The carbon dash panels are relatively cheap at the moment. Spray the rest black and it looks much better.

I done a little more with genuine GP dials, JCW sports steering wheel, all carbon and Innovate gauges.

Where did you get the dial surrounds?

·
Registered
782 Posts
From a German company who does not make them anymore.
They are full replacements and not sheeted originals, therefore not as big as sheeted ones.

They were not cheap but I did not see them anywhere else so far, most of the ones currently for sale are sheeted.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
im the same with my interior

i have my eye on a few nice things for it

anyone got any suggestions for me?

I like the anthractie dash and downtubes etc so i was thinking chome line interior to the original factory spec and maybe around the speaker rings, 3 spoke steering wheel, half leather sports seats and a decent HU, probs the MINI boost CD player

that would be it

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Im thinking of doing the whole of the plastic stuff in the interior piano black apart from the Speedo ring,
rev counter,
horn surrounds on the steering wheel,
gearstick surround,
electric mirror surround

because i want to do them yellow :D

Then get yellow/black speedo and rev counter backings

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
over the past few weeks i have started to become board of my interior, ive got a 03 one and ive go the basic interior of plain black seats and a dull silver and black interior!

basically i was just wondering what anyone has done with their interior or any suggestions that you think would improve it and where i cud go to get things to do it etc

Any help, advise and pics wud be great!

Matt
What Colour is your exterior? Cud start with somethign cheap like new leather gear and handbrake gaiters with colour coded leather or colour coded stitching :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts