MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering...

When do u think that the fun factor of the mini runs out? I mean when u start to get bored of it?

At first the mini must have been sooo fresh, people stare like a freak show and u feel so proud :)

But how does everyone think about it all wearing off?

Its been 2 months since i got my car and i have to admit that the attractiveness seems to have worn off quite a bit- abit like a toy maybe, with no more surprises...

a honda civic r probably? lol just joking :)

nah actually a vw beetle :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Give me chance - haven't even taken delivery of mine yet! Just under 6 weeks and counting...... and definitely no more spec changes!!!!!

My antidote to boredom is to have a 'normal' 2nd car in the family. That way you always have a smile on your face when you get out of that and into a car with a bit of character! The logic may seem flawed, but it works for me!

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Redhotmini said:
Its been 2 months since i got my car and i have to admit that the attractiveness seems to have worn off quite a bit- abit like a toy maybe, with no more surprises...
Four months on and I still get that tingling feeling every time I look out of the window and see my MINI on the driveway.
The way to stop getting bored with toys is to have loads!! ;)
Trouble is you keep running out of time to play with them all! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ar no i didn't mean it like that, it does look really nice and all that, i can't think of a car at this price that comes close...

but i suppose the magic has worn off abit for me- in a way that i wouldn't have expected... i'm not dissing the car in anyway cause i do own one at the end of the day but i suppose i wouldn't be keeping it as long as i first thought... its good but it ain't best...

oh and i do apologise to those who are about to get their mini's soon- enjoy it -i'm just expressing my lonely feelings :)

vvvvvVVVVVVVVVTEC / mini s

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Redhotmini said:
i can't think of a car at this price that comes close...

but i suppose the magic has worn off abit for me- in a way that i wouldn't have expected... i'm not dissing the car in anyway cause i do own one at the end of the day but i suppose i wouldn't be keeping it as long as i first thought... its good but it ain't best...

vvvvvVVVVVVVVVTEC / mini s
You must be bored as you have just contradicted youself.

1st...I cant think of a car at this price that comes close.

Then

2nd... Its good but it ain't the best.

Which is it.??????????????????????

5 Months we have owned our cooper and it still brings a smile to our faces every time we drive it.

Honda Civic type R vs MINI Cooper S no contest as cooper S wins hands down.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dinger said:

Which is it.??????????????????????

nah dinger i was just saying that the cars good but for me its starting to "fade"...

err everyone just don't worry about wot i said- i've lost it :)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I hope I never get bored of my MINI :)
I mean I havent even taken delivery yet & every time I see a MINI it brings a smile to my face (even when Im on the Bus :D
I havent got bored of this site (yet :D )

LONG LIVE THE MINI :D :D :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had my BMW MINI 3 months now and I'm thinking what I can get next to move up in the world.... I'm not bored of it at all but I can see the point that's been made. Constant looks from nice girls ensure that I won't ever get totally bored of BMW MINI ownership.

The BMW MINI is very fashionable at the moment, however fashions change, I wonder what the next fashionable car will be?????

I have my eye on a TVR next, the best sounding car you can buy!

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
rjwatson said:
I have my eye on a TVR next, the best sounding car you can buy!
The problem with TVR's is they have an insatiable thirst for your bank balance!!
Someone once pleaded with me to swap my ST24 Mondeo for one because it was costing him too much!
All the same, very nice car, but if you think MINI's have problems, TVR invented the word!

And who cares if the MINI is fashionable or not! I'll be glad when it isn't. ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rjwatson said:
Had my BMW MINI 3 months now and I'm thinking what I can get next to move up in the world.... I'm not bored of it at all but I can see the point that's been made. Constant looks from nice girls ensure that I won't ever get totally bored of BMW MINI ownership.

whey... rj we're on the same boat :) lol

anyways if i were to sell my car privately would anyone reading be interested? i've never sold a car before you see, private message me

thx :)

i see a nice rice rocket coming towards my way :p

·
Registered
186 Posts
compared to TVR all these LITTLE problems that the MINIs have or at least some peoples MINIs have are nothing......

TVRS are a pain and they can cost an arm and a leg the servicing is close on to 1,500 for a cerbera!!!!! no TVR tlc package there theyd go BUST!!!;)

Asc for the reason of this thread i was thinking about this same thing a couple of days ago whilst reading AutoExpress......there just arent any new or current cars (bar the TT) that i could actually sit in and say i liked the interior even the newest of cars just dont come close......the MINI interior is just as much a breath of fresh air now as the origional was back then.....not even the space age looks of concept cars come close ton the MINI....:D

P.S I havnt even taken delivery of mine.....a tasty DS Cooper S....MMMMMM cant wait keep reading the brochure

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I owned a TVR that was off the road for whatever reason, it would still be well worth owning one for the fun and posing power it would brings when it was working correctly. A definate step up from a BMW MINI and I would swap now if I could.

As for running costs/reliability issues etc.... its quite simple, We pay our money and make our choices. All cars are affected by reliability problems, some are publicised more than others. My mates on this board know that I am very laid back and not irritated or bothered by such issues so TVR ownership would be a breeze for me, as owning a BMW MINI with a couple of niggles is.

All I am bothered with is having a laugh and a TVR would certainly give me more laughs a minute that a BMW MINI! And also more looks from the ladies!

Oh and my favourite hobby......winding people up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts