MINI Cooper Forum banner

Are you getting a Mini Because its "NOT" a Baby BMW?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Yes and No (May post comments)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I'm an awkward git so I've got my own views (Post Comments)

Votes: 4 20.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so are you buying your mini because it happens to NOT be a baby BMW or not

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Damo said:
Ok so are you buying your mini because it happens to NOT be a baby BMW or not
aarrgh! double negatives on a Tuesday morning! I can't cope!! :)

I'm getting a MINI because it's a MINI..it could be made by Skoda and I'd still want one in it's present form (so long as that nasty Skoda badge wasn't on the front!;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: Bored

Dogger said:

aarrgh! double negatives on a Tuesday morning! I can't cope!! :)

I'm getting a MINI because it's a MINI..it could be made by Skoda and I'd still want one in it's present form (so long as that nasty Skoda badge wasn't on the front!;)
Tuesday night here, and not a particularly good MINI2 one at that.......

What was the question again ?.......oh yea.

Don't care......... but "built by BMW" comes up more often than any other in discussions outside of MINI2.com if that helps at all.......

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
I was drawn to the MINI for it's looks at first, then to hear the S is supercharged really made me look into getting one. Then I heard BMW designed the car and that assured me that it would be a good car.
:)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If I had seen the car in it's current form, by any manufacturer (within reason) I would have wanted one.

If it performed as well as this one, I would have a deposit down on one, just like I do now.

Because it's built by BMW, I sleep well at night, and haven't had any second thoughts or misgivings.

There are some vehicles that you just have a blind respect for. I can't figure out why people love Honda's as much as they do, after having owned an Acura Integra. They're just not that great a company. But then a friend accused me of feeling the same about VW, Audi, BMW, and he's absolutely correct. I'm a blind devotee.

·
Mulberry Red Mini 40
2013 R55 Bond Street
1,071 Posts
I think it would have been a much more interesting poll if it was "Would you have bought a MINI if it had been built by the MG Rover group?"

My answer would still have been yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts