MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to paint the brake caliper's on my R56 Cooper S, but I was wondering which was the fastest colour? I wouldn't want to paint the brakes a slow colour as it might slow my car down?

So what's the fastest colour for my brake calipers, red, black, yellow, blue, pink, green or Racing Beige?

P.

·
T o t a l m i n i . c o m
4,467 Posts
Think that it has to match the car in some way:D So I think red would be the best:):)
Also it would be a nice contrast against your black wheels:D:D

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Mm thats a difficult one Paul, id go for Red.... But be careful how many coats of paint you put on cause each coat would add extra weight therfore slowing you down :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your comment's, but I still can't decide! I might paint them Brake Dust Grey?

P :puzzled:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Paul, have you not considered painting your calipers British Racing Green :biggrin:. Surely this is the fastest colour to paint them ;). Lots of British Racing Green painted cars have won the Formula 1 World Championship, i'm sure they wouldn't have won if painted another colour ;):biggrin:. British Racing Green is the way to go IMO :biggrin:.

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
I've decided to paint the brake caliper's on my R56 Cooper S, but I was wondering which was the fastest colour? I wouldn't want to paint the brakes a slow colour as it might slow my car down?
I would have thought the performance-oriented gentleman would have gone for a slow colour for brake calibres, as the whole point of brakes is the slow the car down - as rapidly as possible. :p

So what's the fastest colour for my brake calipers, red, black, yellow, blue, pink, green or Racing Beige?

P.
With that in mind, I'd guess the slowest colour out of your list is either pink or 'racing beige'. :p Come to think of it... what shade of beige is 'racing beige' anyway? :confused:

Paul, have you not considered painting your calipers British Racing Green :biggrin:. Surely this is the fastest colour to paint them ;). Lots of British Racing Green painted cars have won the Formula 1 World Championship, i'm sure they wouldn't have won if painted another colour ;):biggrin:. British Racing Green is the way to go IMO :biggrin:.
More blood-red cars have won the F1 World Championship than British racing green-coloured ones. ;)

All the best,
Andrew.​

1 - 16 of 16 Posts