MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi didn't really know where to put this thread but anyway here it is:
Just wondering about ugrading brake callipers on the r56, I think green stuff do it but I would like some red ones to match my chilli red and don't want to pay jcw prices although they look awesome. Don't really just want to paint the existing callipers but don't wish to spend much as usual lol. So what do you recommend? any experience?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
The JCW calipers are the same as what you have on the car already, so painting them red is a good cheap idea IMO and what I would do in your case, as the brakes on the R56 really aren't all that bad IMO;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
The JCW calipers are the same as what you have on the car already, so painting them red is a good cheap idea IMO and what I would do in your case, as the brakes on the R56 really aren't all that bad IMO;)

Mintex have just released a set of high performance brake pads for the R56 Cooper S front disks.

Lohen have them for sale, I think the pads are about £90 a set?

Hope this helped?

P.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOrry I never thanked you guys for the posts I completely forgot so thanks lol

Anyway I have decided to go ahead and get the painted as Rakey said, so Does anyone know is it actually worth getting them powder coated and how much roughly we are talking.
And I have been looking at a few 'how to's' and I was wondering how much harder is it to take the callipers off and if you leave them on would you cover the the part of the disc behing the pad completely with tape?

Thanks, Alex

·
Registered
398 Posts
i painted my calipers with black hammerite, all i did was take off the pad securing clips and you have more than enough access to paint them with a small brush.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts