MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have just been quoted £132 to get the wiper blades and brake pads done on my cooper s, on top of the tlc stuff.

Is this ok? They were going to charge me about £250 for a new tyre because it had a nail in it, but I think I will get that plugged, (the guy said you cannot plug runfllats!).

Regards,

Nev.

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
Nev said:
Hi everyone,

I have just been quoted £132 to get the wiper blades and brake pads done on my cooper s, on top of the tlc stuff.

Is this ok? They were going to charge me about £250 for a new tyre because it had a nail in it, but I think I will get that plugged, (the guy said you cannot plug runfllats!).

Regards,

Nev.
That sounds about average for a BMW dealer, I was recently quoted £88 for front pads, and £40 for wipers....

I bought an entire car set of EBC greenstuff pads off ebay for £55 and got them fitted for £40.... so entire car/ low dust pads for the same money !!....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Nev said:
Isn't your car still under Factory Warranty? All of those items are at MINI expense, including the wiper blades.

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
nonsequitur said:
Isn't your car still under Factory Warranty? All of those items are at MINI expense, including the wiper blades.

In the UK wiper blades and brake pads are not covered by warranty, they are classed as consumables like tyres...

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
Whats the dealers attittude with fitting non OEM pads? does it effect your warranty and TLC. some dealers are funny about it.
I'm sure mine will be, but I am happy with the fact that if anything happened that was non related to brakes they would have a hard time avoiding it, as for TLC I have had two of the services already so if the refuse the next I am not too bothered...

Its all a question of if they want repeat business or not...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts