MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

i was just curious on if any body knew where i could buy some brake pad sensors for the mini cooper in melbourne australia. i called up the dealership and they said it costs me 60dollars to get them from the spare parts. but i searched online and they only about 20.

if anyone knows someone or somewhere that i could get them that would help heaps

OR if anyone knows a method of by passing the brake pad sensors so that the light doesnt come on in the car that would be also really helpful.

this is only because the dealership charges way to much to just change the brake pads and the sensors so im just going to do it myself

thank you

jia

·
Registered
988 Posts
I know I'm in the UK, but I ended up buying mine from ebay, and they were half the price of going to the dealer (they were BMW sensors though). I'm sure they'll be a seller that will post to you - they don't weigh very much, and will easily fit into a small jiffy envelope.

As for changing them - they're pretty easy, although obviously requires the car to be jacked up and the front passenger and rear drivers side wheels off (on the UK car anyway). Also requires a bit of a bendy arm to plug in the front sensor to the loom!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts