MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mini Gangster
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my April '02 Mini from the dealer 2 weeks ago and all was well. Now, however, the brakes are makinga sort of low griding noise when applied (someone told me it was the brake pads). Also the brakes don't feel a responsive as they did before. As I am in the third year of warranty and brakes apparantly aren't covered by the dealer warranty, will i have to shell out for repairs myself? Also will having aftermarket alloys invalidate any part of my warranty?

·
Anyone seen MP lately???
1,110 Posts
davewgarden said:
I picked up my April '02 Mini from the dealer 2 weeks ago and all was well. Now, however, the brakes are makinga sort of low griding noise when applied (someone told me it was the brake pads). Also the brakes don't feel a responsive as they did before. As I am in the third year of warranty and brakes apparantly aren't covered by the dealer warranty, will i have to shell out for repairs myself? Also will having aftermarket alloys invalidate any part of my warranty?

I don't see how aftermarket wheels could invalidate any part of your warranty ! ! ! !

Here in the USA brake pads & rotors are covered within the first 3yr/36k miles, I cannot speak to the UK warranty & the TLC program.

Most likely it is the brake pads and they are very, very easy to replace. You will kick yourself when you find out how easy it. Look through the various threads here, on www.northamericanmotoring.com and Randy Webb's site. very easy.....:cool: :D :green:

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
If you have only had the car 2 weeks go in and ask them to look at the pads/discs. If you need any work done they should cover it under their warranty. If the service guys won't agree to it go and have a moan to the sales person/manager about how unhappy you are about them selling you such a car. Their checks should not have allowed a car to be sold with the brakes so near the end of their life.

If you bought the car from a MINI dealer have a look at the "MINI cherished" terms and conditions.

Having said all this, do they do it all the time? If it is only first thing in the morning them they are probably fine as they need to scrub off a fine layer of rust in the morning.

As to your wheels they shouldn't make a difference.

·
Anyone seen MP lately???
1,110 Posts
my mistake, only have the MINI 2 weeks. go back, get them to explain WHY??

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
davewgarden said:

We picked up a small stone in the front brake of our VW Golf once. Made a horrible ruckus but was easy to remove with a screwdriver.

-Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.