MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nothing loose or catching. Spherical bearings have zero slop to give ultimate handling....they do transmit noise more though. They are designed mainly for race cars.

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Guys here are the pics. Note how much larger , ie greater span the GTT mounts have over the stock mounts. .....Thats proper Anti Mushroom protection.:smile: Notice all the blind pockets machined in the top plate. That way we retain strength without being heavy. The top plate is 13mm thick. Also notice the machined radius all around the top profile. This too protects the strut towers from denting at the edges under extreme conditions.

Attachments

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi Guys here are the pics. Note how much larger , ie greater span the GTT mounts have over the stock mounts. .....Thats proper Anti Mushroom protection.:smile: Notice all the blind pockets machined in the top plate. That way we retain strength without being heavy. The top plate is 13mm thick. Also notice the machined radius all around the top profile. This too protects the strut towers from denting at the edges under extreme conditions.
Hi,

Looks very nice Roland :D:D:D

Cheers

Robbo

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Conventional bearings would need to be mounted in a mass of rubber....which is like standard,.... handling would suffer & defeat the object. Sperical bearings allow rotation in any plane about the centre of the sphere without the centre of rotation changing at all even under impossible loads. Rubber would move that centre point maybe upto 3mm in any (and ever changing) direction.TBH I can hardly hear any difference now . Its the springs compressing and road noise you hear not the bearings . A bit like changing from 50 to 40 profile tyres.
But the handling difference is huge.:smile:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
...nice kit !!

Do these mounts sit at the same height as the OEM mounts? I know the Eibach mounts i previously had fitted prevented the suspension from being adjusted to the preferred height.

Cheers,
K.

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks guys.
-Height is exactly as before. If you have coilovers height adjustment range is also unchanged.
-Price TBA
-If mushroomed already , remove strut assembly and use a flat piece of wood & hammer to bring back .
-Fits with GTT brace or any other. Weve even made the studs 5mm longer to ensure nuts are fully on with the added thickness of a strutbrace.:smile:

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
how much?
did you ever produce the -12mm option, i think i would have these and go back to std springs
too much time with 4 up in my car to enjoy the eibachs, plus more spring travel
= less mushrooms?

my car is at dealers tomorrow, to sort mushroomed tops amongst other things, so would be a good time to fit these?

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hi Alan, no just standard height. These realy need to be used with coilovers (most brands ok) to allow camber adjustment . With stock diameter springs the coils foul if you increase the neg camber.
Price is £199+vat per pair. Doesnt sound cheap (they cost £150+vat to produce ,and thats with a small production run :eek:) but you are getting effectivly 3 top notch products in one.:smile:
If you do alot of trackdays this is essential to getting the lap times down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roland!

im very interested in the camber! i wanted to ask a few silly questions, i noticed the camber plates dont have an area for the strut tower rubber bushings, does the camber plates rid the need for the circular rubber bushings (the ones that usually crack when the strut tower is mushrooming). also, i thought it woould b a good idea to buy some m7 plates for the top of the strut tower to 'sandwhich' the strut tower to reduce any chance of mushrooming. good idea bad idea on the 'sandwhich' idea ?

Lastly, i do quite a bit of highway driving here in houston (we have very nice highways on my side of town), how bad of tire wear do these plates cause ? should i got fixed or adjustable ? would oem springs be a bad pair with these plates ? (i want more comfort style shock suspension/coils on my mini and i was also wondering where i could go for that, it seems most online places are more "preformance" oriented.)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts