MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rabid Motorer
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CANCELLED!

The next breakfast club drive will be this coming Sunday, June 15th. We'll meet again at the Pheasant Lane Mall and this time head over to the Peterborough Diner in Peterborough, NH. After we've stuffed ourselves on greasy diner fare, you're welcome to come along for a hike at Miller State Park, weather permitting.

Start: Pheasant Lane Mall parking lot
End: 10 Depot St., Peterborough, NH, and onward to Miller State Park
Departure time: June 15th, 8am. Please note that we'll be LEAVING at 8am, not gathering a few minutes after and then leaving when we've decided nobody else is showing up... ;)

I'm going to attempt to pre-drive the route this week, but it looks like it'll be between 60 and 90 minutes on back roads. Hiking will be immediately afterwards. Miller State Park has several fairly easy trails that lead to the summit, which has a firetower and overlooks with some pretty fantastic views. There's also a road that goes to the top, if hiking's not your thing.

Please post here if you're planning on attending so I can get a rough head-count!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm interested but 8am is kind of harsh when i'm an hour and a half away.
:(

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
Ditto on the times ... but at least I've seen the post ;)
ADSS on the Saturday ... maybe I should stay "north" somewhere overnight

·
Rabid Motorer
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know 8am is kind of early for some folks, but my goal is something fairly low-key that allows folks to get back to their honey-do list as fast as possible. :)

·
Rabid Motorer
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Due to lack of planning, and minor lack of interest (due mostly to a lack of planning...) I'm going to cancel tomorrow's run. I'll definitely do it again when I have a free weekend. Sorry if this catches anyone unaware. :(

·
Play On!
1,023 Posts
Oh! You may have gone to the wrong diner. . . This is the one you should have gone to:

That said, although featured on Dougie Howser, MD, it did not have cherry pie on the menu at the time.

·
MINI2 somebody
911 Posts
Oh! You may have gone to the wrong diner. . . This is the one you should have gone to:

That said, although featured on Dougie Howser, MD, it did not have cherry pie on the menu at the time.
Pete, actually that was the diner we were at. The pic that I took was, I guess, the view less seen, from the rear parking lot facing the back "extension" of the diner. Maybe the cherry pie is seasonal, and we'll have to revisit another time. ;)

·
Rabid Motorer
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, yeah. I can actually see the sign in Peter's photo in the upper right corner of ... uh ... the *other* Peter's photo. Woah, Peter overload.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts