MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I take delivery of my new Cooper in one week.

Any dos and donts for breaking her in?

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
NIRLN said:
Hi all,

I take delivery of my new Cooper in one week.

Any dos and donts for breaking her in?
Firstly I would go to the FAQ's and search for "collecting your MINI" - some great tips there.

Then the manual and the dealer will outline the run in period to you on collection. Basically vary the revs as much as possible and dont exceed 4500 rpm for the first 1500 miles.

Paul

·
Registered
171 Posts
My owners manual said the break in period was 1250 miles. I behaved (mostly) for the entire 1250, then autocrossed when the odometer hit 1267! As for advice, just take it relatively easy - no wide open throttle, no revs over 4500. It still allows you to have plenty of fun, just not as much as after the break in.

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
Just make sure you vary the revs early on. Don't do what I did and sit on a motorway at 70mph for the first 1000 miles so it gets run in quicker. :D

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Matt18 said:
Don't do what I did and sit on a motorway at 70mph for the first 1000 miles so it gets run in quicker. :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Matt18 said:
Someone I knew took 6 months to run theres in. Now that would be murder.
200 miles a month? WOWOWOWOW!!! Must not have used it as the main ride...or lived where there is a lot of public transportation...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.