MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally I wanted a yellow with black roof MINI, but ordered a BRG/black roof instead. Figured that this would be more prudent for cleaning and hiding the dirt purposes. I was not able to see BRG/black roof anywhere live. Am I making a mistake , is the car going to be too dark?
We are in a pretty sunny weather, but nevertheless...

If anyone has pictures, would be greatly appreciated.
Regards to all from New York city

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
I've got a BRG+White Cooper and I've 'photoshopped' a photo. I reckon it looks fine, would probably look even better in real life!

Dom

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
GlobeTrotter said:
Originally I wanted a yellow with black roof MINI, but ordered a BRG/black roof instead. Figured that this would be more prudent for cleaning and hiding the dirt purposes. I was not able to see BRG/black roof anywhere live. Am I making a mistake , is the car going to be too dark?

I have seen a BRG/white MINI in the flesh and found BRG to be very dark.

I found this post regarding the BRG/black combination:

dinger said:
I saw the colour combo of a BRG with a black roof in the dealers on Saturday and under the showroom lights it looked like the all one colour.
From my experience, darker colored cars show dirt more than lighter colored ones.

[UK Color Poll Results]

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
GlobeTrotter said:

I'd like to know how a guy in New York / USA thinks he has ordered a MINI?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
kshapiro said:

I'd like to know how a guy in New York / USA thinks he has ordered a MINI?
Actually...
GlobeTrotter said:
My husband and I live in New York now. We have put orders for our MINI COOPER and COOPER S about a month ago along with a deposit of a $1000 on each (via AMEX).
Perhaps the dealer is humoring them by letting them provide their specs ;)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
It looks good, ots a MINI for christ sake :D but BRG/White will always be a classic combo :) :) :)

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
I've seen a BRG cooper with a black roof at the dealers on Saturday and IMO under artificial lights it look like it was all one colour.:( :( :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes (well, you asked)

Black and the new MINI's BRG are too close to be used together. Maybe if it were a true British Racing Green, ie not metallic and tending a bit more toward yellow, it would give you a nice "Green Lantern" effect, but as it is...

I will be getting a "boring" BRG/white combination. Cosmos Black with a white roof will be my 2nd choice.

All bets are off if you get the sunroof, of course -- those should only go with a black roof.

Just MHO

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: Yes (well, you asked)

Clutch Cargo said:
I will be getting a "boring" BRG/white combination.
John,

There is nothing boring about BRG/White, it looks brilliant. Pictures just do not do the colour justice. You have chosen well ;)

LMB :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Make your own choice.

I've got a cooper with balck roof and BRG - I think it looks fantastic.

I haven't seen another one where I live the same colour.

I ordered it without seeing one in the flesh. (we were going to get indie blue but my wife had a change of heart)

You can easily see the roof is black and the body is green - my dealer commented that there were not many about as poeple tend to purchase colours similar the the ones seen in showrooms. So silver/black is pretty common.
(that's what I was told when I asked what is the most popular)

At the end of the day make a choice based on what YOU want don't let others put you off as you will have to live with the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer told me that my chosen combination of blue with black roof would look awful because there is not enough contrast. Fortunately I ignored him, as I love it.

True the contrast is less, but it depends what you like. I have also had many comments made of how unusal it is, and I have only seen one other.

I think BRG/black will look great! but then again I am not keen on the white roof/mirrors/wheels anyway

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Re: Make your own choice.

mooser said:
So silver/black is pretty common.
(that's what I was told when I asked what is the most popular)
too true

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: Yes (well, you asked)

Clutch Cargo said:
All bets are off if you get the sunroof, of course -- those should only go with a black roof.

Just MHO
Clutch

The sunroof actually looks quite OK with a white roof. If you have got one - flaunt it..:)

Cheers

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Re: Re: Make your own choice.

R1 said:

Proof that here in the UK most of us have a great sense of style! :D
Proof that they're common as muck :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: Yes (well, you asked)

Garry said:

Clutch

The sunroof actually looks quite OK with a white roof. If you have got one - flaunt it..:)

Cheers
I'll second that... even looks good at 1:43rd scale

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
BRG/black=BLACK/black

Sometimes! British Racing Green is one of my top two picks for MINI colors, but it is a color that almost appears black in dim lighting or at night. This photo shows the contrast I think- (picture from MINI-FAN's gallery).
If I decide on BRG it will be with WHITE roof and I know the color will be BRG/white in the day and BLACK/white at night. TWO MINIs for the price of one.:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts