MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the Bridgestone runflats are a better tyre than all the other runflats.

Does anyone know if you were to change the front tyres to Bridgestone and keep the rears on Dunlop runflats, with a view to ultimately changing to Bridgestone all round if that will present any handling/safety problems?

I not interested in changing to non-runflats, before anyone replies along those lines.

·
003 On a Mission
4,239 Posts
:red::red::red::)

I ran 18" Bridgestone on the back and 18' Dunlop on the front of my Works S and had no problems with handling. Cannot comment on the other way round.
All I will say it is better to put NEW tyres on back rather than the front. New tyres = extra grip and you do not want the back breaking away.

·
Derv? Nein Danke.
130 Posts
Thanks but that is different tyres on the same axle.
I think I did did say in a latter post that the Dunlop tyre technician I spoke to said that as long as the tyres were identical on each axle, then their isn't a problem. I have ended up with a different tyre combo front/back with Sp -01's on front and 9000's on the back and was told that is 100% fine.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:red::red::red::)

I ran 18" Bridgestone on the back and 18' Dunlop on the front of my Works S and had no problems with handling. Cannot comment on the other way round.
All I will say it is better to put NEW tyres on back rather than the front. New tyres = extra grip and you do not want the back breaking away.
RVW Were these the 18" Bridgestone runflats? If so any good, I have heard they are the best of a bad bunch?

·
The de Chromed MINI
3,218 Posts
Im running the RE050's on my 120d and they are in another league compared to the pirelli's that were on when I bought it, so much more grip and much more progresive compared to the on/off grip/no grip of the pirelli, plus they wear OK too (18k out of my rears and the fronts are looking good for 30k+!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts