MINI Cooper Forum banner

Bridgestone Potenza RE050 Availability?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SteveM3 
#1 ·
I have been informed that Bridgestone now offer a RFT for the MCS, size I am looking for is 205/45/17 for my MCS with JCW stage 1 conversion fitted.

Problem is that I am unable to find a supplier and cost, in the Bedford area, any info on availability would be appreciated.

Also, not sure if this is true or not, there has been talk that Bridgestone are the only RFT manufacturer that allow (under conditions) repairs to RFT. Again if anyone has info on this subject I would like to know more details...

Thanks,
StevieB
:cool:

#2 ·
Just looking for tyres myself at the moment mate and kwik-fit have the Potenza RE050 runflats on offer. 2 tyres installed is £207 as they have a 15% discount when you buy 2 or 25% for 4.

I can't decide between these or getting the Pirelli Euforia's which are the OEM tyres on mine.

#3 ·
I can't decide between these or getting the Pirelli Euforia's which are the OEM tyres on mine.
I have the Euforia's on my MCS JCW (Stage 1) and although they are good, they seem to loose grip in the wet and are bumpy over poor road surfaces. They are quoted as having " extended mobility granted at zero bar pressure" which I can confirm as I had a flat (zero pressure) tyre that allowed me to drive around until fixed...

I will definitely give kwik fit a call and see if they have any stock; the only quandary now is to either go for 2 tyres or a full set...money permitting.

Thanks again,
StevieB
:)

#6 ·
Let us know how they are - I'm coming up for a replacement and would ideally get something that has good grip in the dry / wet and a long lifespan, while being affordable ;)
Had my tyres checked by Kwik Fit this afternoon and they said that the front pair could do with a change in about another 200-400 miles, the rear pair are near new (so no need to change them just yet).

However the Bridgestone's are on a great deal 25% off for a set of 4 (£330 all in) and the offer is on until the 26th July; I was very tempted, but have no need to change for a couple of months...

Regards,
Stephen

#8 ·
Be careful of the reasons for selecting RE050s. You may see very good reports on them but that is for the non-runflat versions. The runflats have had poor reports, Autocar gave them a right panning when testing various tyres as empirically as possible. I am not saying don't buy them, they are probably as good as runflats get, just don't buy them expecting non-runflat performance. Of course if you are buying the non-runflat versions ignore all of that :eek: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.