MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Mr 120d Sport
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide what to replace my run-flats with..........

Initially thought Toyo Proxies T1-R / T1-S, but online reports quote poor tyre mileage, and in-difference in the handling in the wet, which in the UK is important. Overall, a large proportion of people would not buy these again, based on first hand experience.

Looking through the data on here for a 16" wheel, the Potenzas are one of the more widely fitted alternatives, and on-line reports quote a good balance between wear rate and grip. Overall, a large proportion of people would buy these again, based on first hand experience.

So........does anyone have any experience of these tyres on a MINI???

Cheers,

Robert

· Registered
76 Posts
Got them on my mini.
Simply the best tyres available on the market.
Can't say anything about wear now (2000 kilometers since I've got them).
Otherwise these tyres are excellent in all road conditions (and weather -- though I've not tested them in the winter (I'll put winter tyres) -- but they are superb in the wet)...

Also have a look at my gallery.

· Canned
13,241 Posts
wobert123 said:
Initially thought Toyo Proxies T1-R / T1-S, but online reports quote poor tyre mileage, and in-difference in the handling in the wet, which in the UK is important. Overall, a large proportion of people would not buy these again, based on first hand experience.
Isn't the T1-R a fairly new tire, intended to address the shortcomings of the T1-S?

http://www.toyo.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=car.t1-s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.