MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, needing some advice from anyone who has this seat or has tried it in a Mini. I know that the Maxi Cosi Tobi seems a popular choice on these forums but like the idea of utilising the Isofix fitted to my 2005 Cooper.

If anyone can give me some honest advice for the best seat to go for (9 months +) I would be really grateful.

Regards

Sandi

Ps Thank you for your feedback. I went ahead an ordered the Britax Duo Plus Isofix. It is a great sit and the little fella loves it. My husband wants the same seat for his Saab.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi
We have a Britax Renaissance seat and it works very well and fits very securely in the back seat. It is not ISO fix though. We tried the Maxi Cosi Tobi at the shop and they would not let us use it in the Mini as it did not fit well enough. We tried about 4 different seats at the time and the Britax was the only one that fitted. We have recently had to wash the covers on it - we did not get to a potty on time! - and it is easy to take apart and wash.

Hope this helps.

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
I have the Britax Duo Plus Isofix in my R56 and am very pleased with it. I got it as a result of a Which? test. Britax recommended it as suitable for my car although I had to get their recommended foam pad which cost a few ££s extra

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I have the Britax Duo Plus Isofix in my R56 and am very pleased with it. I got it as a result of a Which? test. Britax recommended it as suitable for my car although I had to get their recommended foam pad which cost a few ££s extra
The pad is needed due to the shape of the MINI rear bench, but not too expensive when you then get to use a seat which as you say has high recommendations by Which? magazine

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all, i also have the Britax duo plus isofix for my mini cooper s 03 plate. Im a nanny and this seat is fabulous i dont use the foam pad and the seat fits perfectly and doesnt move at all.... i love it!!! i would suggest it to anyone with a cooper s.

:smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm a new forum member and just about to buy a mini- cant decide which yet!

I have found the britax duo plus to be the best fit for my discovery and 3 series BMW- really glad to hear that they will fir the mini!!!

Any problems putting 2 side by side???

I'm having a test drive this week and will insist on trying them in:wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
monkey hanger - I have a britax duo plus and a britax evlova123 side by side in my 07cooper and now in 08 clubman. They fit no problem. My boys like being close to each other! good luck choosing a mini

1 - 7 of 7 Posts