MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, and after a year of lugging the babyseats between our Zafira and 530d, I finally bit the bullet and did something about it. I got really fed up with the constant hassle of fitting and refitting the seats. :mad:

So I thought I would get a pair of cheapo seats and leave them in the 530 for the few times I carry my little ones about. My only worry looking at the seats on the market was thinking that cheap = cheap for a reason. At the moment the Zafira has a pair of Maxi-Cosi Priori XP, but I didn't want to fork out that much for seats that wouldn't see a whole lot of use.

So after a couple of days of research on the net (www.ciao.co.uk for the reviews and which is also pop-up hell) I bought a pair of Britax Trios from Kiddicare:

http://www.kiddicare.com/invt/carbtxtrobbokb

I think the full list price is £90 in Boots and John Lewis and Kiddicare sell them for £59.99 or £57.99 for 2. And that included postage. It was funny comparing the prices to one seller on eBay who wanted £52 for a brand new seat and £25 for p&p!

Anyway I thought the seat would be a little on the hard side but Amelia prefers it to the Maxi-Cosi that we've had to swap seats. So the cheapo seats now get used and the expensive Maxi-Cosi's now sit in my car. :rolleyes:

I thought that the Trio would be a really good seat for the MINI because it is so slim and more likely to fit in a MINI properly.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
price is more determined by the construction, the comfort doesn't really come into it I am affraid. But good to hear you found and brought a good seat. The Trio is one of the best highback booster seats on the market IMO;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
How well does the trio fit in the MINI?

Britax's fit finder on their website doesn't recommend the Trio for the MINI, the only seat they totally recommend is the Elite with the Renaissance and Cosy Tot listed as acceptable but with a comment that they sit rather high/upright. I use a Britax Elite in my Cooper for my 2 year old daughter and it fits really snuggly in the contours of the back seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Frustrated of Kent

We've just picked up a '53 Cooper S and bought a Britax Elite. Although in the upright position it fits perfectly, our son's head droops when he sleeps. Putting it in the reclined position would solve that but it doesn't fit as well.:(

Are there any other seats out there that don't use the ISOFIX system (not present in our car) but do permit a more reclined position for the occupant?

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
I use the Britax KING (Romër King in my country) for my MCS and i have extremly satisfed with this modell, the maintenance is very good for the baby, quality also, and the whole is dismounted to wash it. I use the same one in the ONE Pack from my woman, I have bought two in once for our two MINI. I have pay 90 euros piece (escuse for my english...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.