MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Very pretty - including its occupants, too! :) and such a speedy response, as well.

I see you have that very nice black leather with piping but I think it tells me that I'd be fine with the two tone blk/gry leatherette... Also - is that what they call "white silver" on the interior?

I imagine some of the choices that you have "over there" and what we have "over here" might be different. Had been contemplating the "piano black" but would love to save that $$ or put it towards something else.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Ah yes, I see it...we have it here, too.

Very nice indeedy and thanks again for being so helpful. Hmm, much to ponder before I take the plunge.

Clearly you love your Clubman. From my brief test drive I liked it quite a bit and it didn't take me long to forget about the barn doors...at first, though, I felt as though I were driving a stretch limo. ;)

I realize that looking at the brochure vs what's on the MINIUSA configurator that my dealership may well offer just plain black leatherette - which is what I'd prefer... Time will tell. Again, many thanks!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Quick question - have you seen the BRG with a black roof? I'm wondering how that would look - too dark, more subtle? Also trying to find a photo of a Lightning Blue with black roof...am wondering if that combination might be too "bright" for me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Quick question - have you seen the BRG with a black roof? I'm wondering how that would look - too dark, more subtle? Also trying to find a photo of a Lightning Blue with black roof...am wondering if that combination might be too "bright" for me.
Yes, I've seen one and I think it's a much better combination than BRG/Silver. But think about the sunroof: if you spec that it would introduce another colour, or tone, over a large proportion of the roof area and I think the result would look messy compared with BRG/Body Colour roof/Black Cs.

But then I would think that!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Um, isn't the sunroof surround black? As much as I enjoyed the sunroof on my first MC, I don't have it on my current MC...and am thinking of saving that money and putting it towards some other extras such as MFSW, Bluetooth/iPod, Xenons, fog lights and at least the base mount roof rack (which we would install ourselves).

Decisions, decisions. It's almost too much choice (heresy of heresies for a MINI lover!).;)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Um, isn't the sunroof surround black? As much as I enjoyed the sunroof on my first MC, I don't have it on my current MC...and am thinking of saving that money and putting it towards some other extras such as MFSW, Bluetooth/iPod, Xenons, fog lights and at least the base mount roof rack (which we would install ourselves).

Decisions, decisions. It's almost too much choice (heresy of heresies for a MINI lover!).;)
There's a narrow black frame around the glass but that still leaves 10 inches of roof at the front, 30 at the back and 4 each side - to the rails - that is whatever you specify (with 49 x 31 of grey-tinted glass in the middle).

As you say: "decisions, decisions ...":biggrin:

I don't have Bluetooth/Ipod (because I've never worked out what they do!), nor a roof rack because I don't need to add to the already very-adequate interior capacity of a Clubman with 2 people aboard. And the standard fog lights are more than sufficient for me - assuming you get them within whatever option pack you spec.

But the xenons are superb and would be my priority choice over the MFSW, or anything else, if it ever came to that.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm laughing. I understand completely about the bluetooth ignorance... It's a handy way of being "hands free" if one is using a cell phone. I won't bore you with our family's situation but my reasons for adding this particular configuration w/MFSW have to do w/ a teenaged driver and safety...and, yes, with a nod to resale, though I realize the latter is also often considered heretical.

As for xenons - I love them and my aging eyes on country roads or long distance highway driving find them very helpful. The fogs - again for safety...

Now the roof rack - well, this really is our main vehicle...though the aging '96 Volvo wagon (primarily husband's work vehicle - carpenter) is still in good shape with its many miles...it will be nice to know that we will actually be able to use the Clubman for our family vacations to North Carolina and other 11 hour drives, with all that beach gear, and our beloved daughter who still enjoys spending a week's vacation with us. Oops - there I went and told you more than you wanted to know anyway!:eek:

I shall continue my reconfiguring.:p

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm laughing. I understand completely about the bluetooth ignorance... It's a handy way of being "hands free" if one is using a cell phone. I won't bore you with our family's situation but my reasons for adding this particular configuration w/MFSW have to do w/ a teenaged driver and safety...and, yes, with a nod to resale, though I realize the latter is also often considered heretical.

As for xenons - I love them and my aging eyes on country roads or long distance highway driving find them very helpful. The fogs - again for safety...

Now the roof rack - well, this really is our main vehicle...though the aging '96 Volvo wagon (primarily husband's work vehicle - carpenter) is still in good shape with its many miles...it will be nice to know that we will actually be able to use the Clubman for our family vacations to North Carolina and other 11 hour drives, with all that beach gear, and our beloved daughter who still enjoys spending a week's vacation with us. Oops - there I went and told you more than you wanted to know anyway!:eek:

I shall continue my reconfiguring.:p
And I didn't even know you were a girl.:redface:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
How would you - unless you'd followed my posts from day one? I like that "girl" - at age 53 and counting. :biggrin:

There - now I've fixed it and I have a little woman in a dress up there. ;)

·
Summer Splasher
675 Posts
How would you - unless you'd followed my posts from day one? I like that "girl" - at age 53 and counting. :biggrin:

There - now I've fixed it and I have a little woman in a dress up there. ;)
You're all set, now! :D

You know you want the BRG with a BRG roof and Black C pillars.
The black roof might be nice, too, tho. Think about ordering, then paying $500 to redo the C pillar color.

The LB / black roof would be too bright for you. Come and look at Mark's car at MoFC - LB/Black R56....(not on Tuesdays).

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
:biggrin: You found me out! You are such a sleuth Peter!

I am leaning heavily, tis true - to the green side. Just can't seem to make up my mind about the roof color. Though dlpruk's photos are awfully nice. ;)

I'm bringing my PW/B in on Wednesday before the morning rush hour for a service - perhaps Mark will be there?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Finally - a photoshopped version of the BRG/Blk combination courtesy of some nice pals on NEMINI.org Photoshopping a MINI Clubman?where, by the way, there are now many fans of your lovely BRG/BRG with Tuscan leather, dlpruk. :D

Have decided to go with the black roof...it was a hard choice, not seeing either in real life - but I think I will be happy.;) Appreciate everyone's help. ETA hopefully around the end of May.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up my BRG/Black Clubman S on Thursday - I'll post some pictures shortly.

On a general note I'd say that the car looks way better in the flesh than it does in any photos I've seen...

I upgraded from a 2003 Cooper so it's taking some getting used to - quite a bit more power, way tighter suspension, lots of cool new switches......it doesn't seem as much fun as the Cooper but that could be because I'm driving more cautiously. I really appreciate the larger trunk and the improved rear access though - not to mention the heated seats and cool ambient lighting.

Only problem so far seems to be that the headlights come on with the ignition - regardless of the the level of ambient lighting. I'm not sure if this is something I can reprogram or not and I didn't order automatic headlights....

Overall I'm enjoying the experience and have been approached by about half a dozen folk already asking questions and expressing admiration!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Sounds as though your driving lights are programmed to come on. Where I live in NY state insurance companies give a discount to cars that have driving lights.

Really looking forward to seeing your photos! And hearing how you become more accustomed to the new Clubman. Even I with an '06 found many differences, so my bet is once you get used to the car you'll find it more fun. I'm sure you'll hear from others who have had theirs for quite some time.

Congratulations!:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
No it's not the driving lights - they come on with the ignition by law here in Canada. It's definitely the headlamps.....

It's not like its anything that's gonna spoil my enjoyment of the car!!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
index.php_2.jpeg is a photo of a BRG/BLK Cooper Clubman that rolled into MINI of Fairfield County in Stamford, CT. Wish it were mine, but it appears to be priced a bit too far out of my reach. Thought you all might enjoy seeing it - while we wait for ideaexchange's. :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ah,

Found the BRG thread!

My wife has ordered a BRG Cooper D with black C-pillars and green roof to replace her MCSC.

I will post the full spec once she has finalised!

I was pretty impressed with the car both on the test drive (sitting in the back) and the general look. Interestingly, there was one demo and 4 in the showroom but none of them diesels. I think the diesel was the right choice and have seen some of the pics here BRG was as well.

Looking forward to delivery in April, even though I don't imagine I will get much chance to drive it!!

:)

21 - 40 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
18 Participants
SAL45
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing