MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

Ok. On about every option I'm set...

But by God Above I cannot decide on a color.

Dark Silver and white, Indie Blue and white, or British Racing Green and white. Every new picture changes my mind. And for now, that's all I have... pictures.

So I ask, is it simply me, or does British Racing Green look *very* different from picture to picture. I love the deep green color, like shown on the website. I'm not *as* fond of the 'emerald' green I see in some of the show pics. Does it really lighten and darken that much?

I've noticed the Indie Blue can go from a deep royal blue to a more cheerful lighter shade in some pictures as well.

I guess I've just got to see the color in person to understand it?

Unfortunately I haven't seen any BRG's in the pictures of the recent US arrivals...

Does any BRG Cooper owner have a picture that they think just 'nails' their cars color, digitally?

ie. the most accurate digital representation of the car's color in real life?

Thanks so much!

Sixfoot6

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
monsta said:
Try this:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=38185

It shows the MINI in BRG both in the shade and sunshine.

Hope this helps!
Being an owner of a BRG Mini I would say the bit in the sunshine is the closest I have seen to its *true* colour as catched on camera. Good example monsta.

Pictures don't do this colour justice, it looks brilliant.

LMB:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think monsta's picutre gives a slightly better representation of the MINI BRG. Although my car is so covered in mud at the moment its more British Racing Beige than British Racing Green.

Have to admit though, I was very taken with Indi Blue with white alloys when I saw it.....

kjs

·
Registered
299 Posts
Amigos!!, bare with me the color is very intising but, like women all of us have different tastes, skinny, fat, whatever, :p You have to see the woman before you talk to her right, then, I guess we can assume we have to see the color before we judge it!!;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

See, I'm definitely more drawn to the 'serious' green in Monsta's pic, than the emerald green in the following one.

I think I'm just going to have to see them in the flesh.

I didn't see any BRG's in the first shipment photos, hopefully they show up at the dealers in the next wave.

sixfoot6

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The problem is that even our different monitors will show the colours differently. I have a near-professional colour adjusted monitor, and it shows darker than most of my friends' monitors.

Having said that, on my screen the BRG looks about the same as it did at the autoshow. The autoshow was lit with hugely powerful white industrial lighting, and I'm sure the real colour appears warmer in the sun.

The colour does not look like an 'authentic' BRG, like on a Jaguar or Mazda Miata. Just my opinion. But it is a really nice deep metallic forest green colour and will probably be our choice on the Cooper S when it arrives.

The thing about it is that it is a metallic colour, and as far as I know, there's not been a mettalic green offered as BRG until now. I might be wrong.

I hope I get to see a real one, outside, in the sun, before I have to decide on colour.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
noahe said:
....The thing about it is that it is a metallic colour, and as far as I know, there's not been a mettalic green offered as BRG until now......
In the last decade of classic Mini Cooper production, there was a metallic BRG offered - it was a little lighter than the new MINI's BRG, but it was metallic, so in some ways the new BRG is a traditional color ;).

I'll have to find a picture of one of these Minis......

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'd say that the "colour" of MINI BRG was very dependant on lighting conditions and viewing angle, but for the most part it's a dark forest green - hard to describe it as emerald in anything other than bright sunlight and at a particular angle.

FWIW, it's a touch darker than the old Mini BRG as BruceK says, a shedload darker than the metallic green of a colleague's Fiat Coupe. Of all the metallic MINI colours I've seen "in the flesh", it looks the deepest, richest and classiest IMHO. But that's a *very* subjective view.

You're right - you really need to see a few in person.

I'm still thinking about yellow with a white roof (another colour that needs to be seen "in the flesh"; the downside is that it looks a little flat), BRG with white, dark silver (but I'm not choosing a colour I haven't seen in person) and white with a black roof (same problem as the silver - might be flat, but OTOH it's another "classic" combination). I'm hoping I get the chance to put my order in but pick the colour when all of these *are* available to be seen in person.

How ever am I going to cope with the next 5 months of waiting?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
BruceK said:

In the last decade of classic Mini Cooper production, there was a metallic BRG offered - it was a little lighter than the new MINI's BRG, but it was metallic, so in some ways the new BRG is a traditional color ;).

I'll have to find a picture of one of these Minis......
Yes, here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Well for what it's worth, I was very taken with the metallic BRG until I saw it in the flesh. The car at my dealer was covered in little scratches from washing (as all cars are) but are much much more noticable on dark cars. And BRG is a DARK colour. So I ditched it. The "Dakar" yellow Cooper next to it had just as many tiny scratches on it, but you just don't notice them as much.

I'm not knocking it, just too dark and impractical in this climate for me.

Is your S going to be the same colour as your Cooper LMB ?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Basil said:
Is your S going to be the same colour as your Cooper LMB ?
Not sure Basil. I really love my BRG Mini, but I feel I have to get a different colour. So far Dark Silver is the front-runner, I wouldn't mind yellow but I think the *Dakar* yellow is a bit too light. After seeing Kevin_B's pictures EB is in the running again.

It is so hard this time. Last time was easy as BRG was the only colour in my mind. This time I am still not sure.

But whatever colour I choose it will still be a beast:p

LMB;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
LMB said:

But whatever colour I choose it will still be a beast:p

LMB;)
I simply chose the yellow after I saw it in the flesh. And it's my ONLY colour choice that I hadn't changed my mind about in 24 hours !!!........

Sorry but I just have to post this OnlyS4me modified picture again........ Any Colour S is going to be a beast.

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!..........:D

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh wow

that last pic...

by basil. that's the green i like.

if it looks like that in the flesh, i'm sold. a dark, rich green....

thanks everyone for the pics and discussion...

sixfoot6

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
That BRG does look good in decent light, still gonna have silver though :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Re: oh wow

It only looks like that some of the time...

sixfoot6 said:
that last pic...

by basil. that's the green i like.

if it looks like that in the flesh, i'm sold. a dark, rich green....

thanks everyone for the pics and discussion...

sixfoot6

1 - 20 of 26 Posts