MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've had a quick look through here but can't find if anyone has had this problem... (which of course has now happened to me:( )

R56 March 07 Cooper broken bonnet catch (the one in the passenger (or indeed drivers depending where you are in the world!!) footwell), gave it a tug to put some water in the washer bottle and lo and behold there was a clunk and now the catch is flapping about in a rather useless manner :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if there is a reasonably easy way of getting under the bonnet if the catch, to put it politely, knackered.

....these things always happen on a Friday evening of a bank holiday....:rolleyes: when I'm going on a run tomorrow:)

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
This happened to me... to my March 2007 Cooper...in october when the roads were really salty..had no washer fluid so went to top it up and bang, the catch went. had to wait ages for an apointment to fix it. took them 30 minutes. Appaently its down to the factorys not putting enough greese on the catch inside the bonnet. go to your dealer and they will sort it out.

if you are desporate for washer fluid you can temororily open the bonnet by pulling on the metal cable with pliers. but it is quite oquard!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts