MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know if a Brompton bike will fit in a MINI's boot? If so, I have two further questions:

1. How about with the extended seat pin?
2. How close a match do you reckon the BRG is? :)

For those of you with no idea what I'm talking about: Brompton's home page.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would imagine the Brompton would fit. It's quite tiny folded -- less than 2 feet by 2 feet by 1 foot.

No, the greens will not match very well. I have a red/black Brompton L3, and that'll look fine regardless of car color, I think. (The red matches better with MINI red.)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I shall find out on 18 Feb

I have a Brompton T3, and shall take delivery of Apple on 18 Feb. I shall let you know then if you can wait that long.

If I happen to visit my dealer before that date, I shall bring the T3 along and try out the boot.

Why did I not think about trying it out before I ordered my bike I do not know, may be I was too optimistic that the boot is big enough to store the bike and a piece of luggage large enough for a week's holiday. :rolleyes: :D :(

I do not have an extended pillar seat (I am only 5"2!), so can't help you on that. As for colour, it is red main frame with yellow extremities, it looks smashing :D :D :D

I would have lime green for the extremities had it been available though :(

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Doh!

The colours should be the other way round - yellow main frame and red extremities! Still smashing looking though ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give it a try

Thanks for the responses, folks. I'll see how close I can park to York Cycleworks next week - maybe I'll be able to try with their demonstrator before shelling out.

Heading slightly further off-topic: is the extra hundred quid for the T5 (now T3) really worth it over the L3? Is the rear rack actually any use?

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I believe it's worth it just for the dynamo lighting. I have not used the bike much (bad weather and not very fit), so I do not know if the rack is any good.

BTW, there should be a 5-gear version on its way back, don't know when they will be available though :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts