MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sour Mash
1,288 Posts
It's a great museum the Concorde is a must see imo, you can go inside, even sit down and see how much legroom your 5 grand ticket would've got you

I'm often very close by to there will try and make a trip coincide with the 25th

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm going. I'm a Brooklands member.
And my little local Mini club have a stand where I shall park my R53 amongst their classic Minis:big_grin:
Mini Club Sussex

·
Sour Mash
1,288 Posts
Just got home

Was a mind blowing event the entire museum was just carpeted in Minis. I wouldn't even try to guess how many were there but it overflowed well onto the old race track to the extend that the late comers had to park on the cambered area (which to give you an idea of the steepness, I drove on to so I could reverse into position, and stalled) and use chocks to stop them rolling down!!!

Tried to find Mini2 cars including Nigel's BRG Cooper S but I didn't come across any (that mentioned being on the forum anyway). Actually followed a 2003-4 BRG R53 into the place who turned out to be someone else

Pics to follow when I upload them just posting this quick message

·
Sour Mash
1,288 Posts
A few pics

A few hundred meters from the entrance I ended up behind a load of very tuned Minis all making loud crackles and pops and custom number plates with words like "REKT" guessing I bumped into MiniTorque lol

IMG_0626.jpg

Queue to get in ...

minis.png
IMG_0628.JPG

·
Sour Mash
1,288 Posts
Pretending to know what I'm looking at: IMG_0690.jpg

My Dad said this brought back bad memories --> IMG_0678.jpg

Lots of snobbery about BMW Minis but guess which car broke on test hill: IMG_0664.jpg
He was very good about it btw!! On the way home saw him again at the side of the road in a local town waiting for the tow truck I assume

1320.jpg purple.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
MiniJCWwhite
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing