MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
On our 2nd one now!!!
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone got any good recommendations for a new brush for our alloys??

The Halfords ones all appear to be pants?!

V

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Treat yourself to an Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush. Because you are worth it :) .

·
Hmmmmm
237 Posts
That meguiars brush scratches your wheels
I noticed that too. I bought one and used it once only to notice one scratch on my wheels at the end of it. Needless to say it's staying in the garage now and I do them by hand with just a soft kitchen sponge (and change it each time).

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
I dont use any wheel brushes, I have two wash mits, one for the bodywork and one for the wheels. I have no scratches on the wheels whatsoever! :D

But in saying that my friend uses the auto glymm wheel brush, the one with the white handle and it works well on his wheels without scratching them,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most of the dedicated car brushes will scratch the wheel, so try and stay away from them - I had to learn it the hard way!

I am now using a soft bristle paint brush, available in any art shop and in various widths. They are so soft they will not harm the finish on the wheel and the smaller brushes can get into all the hard to reach nooks and niches.

Just remember to get the ones made from real horse hair or other animal hair as synthetic ones might not react to well with the wheel cleaner!

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
I also use a soft paint brush :)

The loing bristles allow you to clean easily around the wheel nuts, and a gentle wipe over is all that is ever required ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Treat yourself to an Autoglym Hi-Tech Wheel Brush. Because you are worth it :) .
I have an Autoglym wheel brush and totally agree, it is soft so doesn't scratch your alloys, but firm enough to do what its designed for.

Its kind of like an extra large paint brush, except the brissels don't deform like a paint brush would.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was innocently surfing through this post when my wife walked past and smacked me over the back if the head!! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep the Autoglym brush looks like a dildo but it works (to clean the wheels - whatever else you want to get up to with it I dont want to know)!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too tried the Meguiars wheel brush but didnt like it so I dumped it..... Shame cause generally I really rate most Meguiars stuff.......

Ended up with the Autoglym brush which as already said is soft enough not to scratch but firm enough to exert pressure to clean off dirt - I personally find a paint brush too soft.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts