MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

just wondered how easy it is to repair/replace the door card? I've got a cooper s 08 and the door buckles have got caught between the door and the seats make a dent in each card. Really annoying. is it expensive to replace the door cards?

thanks alot
steve :)

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
A question about Interiors in the not-very-often-visited CVT & Automatic section wasn't the best way to get it answered :p

Door cards aren't overly-expensive things to replace. Give your dealer a call for a price.

They sometimes come up for sale in the Classifieds on here or on eBay, so it's worth doing a search on both.

But, as has already been asked, wouldn't the same thing happen on the replacements?

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
You'd be better off having your seatbelt mechanisms cleaned and re-lubricated so they recoil properly, and don't damage your door cards ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
A question about Interiors in the not-very-often-visited CVT & Automatic section wasn't the best way to get it answered :p

Door cards aren't overly-expensive things to replace. Give your dealer a call for a price.

They sometimes come up for sale in the Classifieds on here or on eBay, so it's worth doing a search on both.

But, as has already been asked, wouldn't the same thing happen on the replacements?
It's still in the wrong forum if the car is an 08 as the OP says :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem but luckily not too much of a dent.
Providing the seat belt is retracting propertly, just move the little black thing on the seat belt up so that when the belt's fully retracted, the black thing keeps it above the height of the seat ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts