MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick question to you lucky people who have their Conv's already;

My MCC was scheduled to be built 23rd/24th July. If it was built then, how long should I expect before I can collect it from the dealer?

I was sure he'd said about a week. Rang them today to enquire and was told by someone else that it can take up to 3 weeks!!!

Help! I've waited a year - not sure I can cope with another 3 weeks!!! :eek:

·
Hyper Blue Mini S Cab
48 Posts
I would say 3 weeks is on the safe side but the norm is 2 weeks..... I have a mini S cab being made week comencing the 31st August so I have even longer to wait!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Cooper S Convertible is being built w/c 31 July and my dealer has told me that I will get it on 7 September. I'm thinking myself lucky as they originally told me I'd get it on 20 September. Tring to keep sane by thinking that knowing my luck my car will be pulled back for quality control inspections etc and if I do get it a week earlier (want to wait for 54 reg) then yayyyyy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd bank on a little over 3 weeks until you actually collect it. My MOC was ordered on 1st May 2004, went into build w/c 5th July, showed on the dealers computer as built 16th July, delivered to the dealer on 23rd July, and collected by me today :)

Your dealer might take a little less time to do the PDI, registration, taxing, etc. but I wouldn't count on it.

2 weeks, 3 week, 4 weeks, doesn't matter your smile when you get it wil be just as huge :) :) :)

Cheers,

Alan

·
Registered
88 Posts
3 weeks sounds like a long time to me. Don't know if it's any different for convertibles, but my hatchback is due to be built this week sometime (hopefully it will be built by now) and I've been given a delivery date to the dealer of Friday 6th August. All they have to do is fit the spotlights and give it a PDI, so I've been told to expect to pick it up between Monday 9th and Wednesday 11th August.

Seems to me that as long as the dealer can pull their finger out, you should hopefully get the car 2 weeks after it being built.

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
MY MCS Convertible was scheduled to be built week commencing July 17th. By the 20th it had it's engine in it and was cruising down the production line. By Friday the 23rd it was in the distribution centre at Thorne scheduled for delivery to the dealer by July 30th.

As I was driving down the M74 yesterday (tuesday the the 27th) I saw two transporters full of minis heading northbound (one with a black MCS convertible). Yesterday afternoon I was called by the dealer to let me know it had arrived, I pick it up this thursday evening :D

Total time from build to delivery was less than 2 weeks, hope this helps.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

Dealer answered my question yesterday - Car built 23rd July - delivered to dealer today 29th - earliest collection date 3rd August. 12 Days in total.

Naturally I'm picking it up on 3rd August!!!

Anyone know the weather forecast for next Wednesday! :D :D :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
Faz said:
Thanks guys!

Dealer answered my question yesterday - Car built 23rd July - delivered to dealer today 29th - earliest collection date 3rd August. 12 Days in total.

Naturally I'm picking it up on 3rd August!!!

Anyone know the weather forecast for next Wednesday! :D :D :D
3rd August Worksop, www.weather.co.uk

Day Night Averages & Records

High:
24°C

Showers

Wind:
From the Southwest at 7 mph

Precip: 60 %

Max. Humidity: 80 %

UV Index: 6 High

Low:
14°C

Partly Cloudy

Wind:
From the West Northwest at 4 mph

Precip: 10 %

Max. Humidity: 87 %

Sunrise: 5:25

Sunset: 20:56

Avg. High: N/A°C

Avg. Low: N/A°C

More Details

:D I get my new EB/W Cooper 9th August

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Matt - genius mate!

As usual with the British weather I'll pack some sun cream and an umbrella. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Faz
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing