MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody :)

Just wondering what current owners think of their MINIs collected Jan 2002 onwards?

And to ask whter there are still alot of faults with it?

I would like to know as I am pickking my Min up hopefully on the 6th or 7th of This month, only a few more days to go!
I am seriously worried about faults tho.

Hope to hear from everyone with January 2002 build owners and December 2001 owners welcome too!

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
My Cooper was a mid December build. It drifts (not pulls) left - still not found a flat piece of tarmac to test it on.
The front seats creak - altering the height fixed this for a short time - so the creak may be in the height adjustment mechanism.
Fuel gauge reads full when full but drops very quickly and reads almost empty with 8 litres left (but few cars have perfect fuel gauges).

But it is a fantastic car. I don't regret buying it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
I don´t have my Mini Cooper yet but i asked my Dealer and he told me that the 2002 Mini won´t have the problems of the New Mini 2001. And that the Mini 2002 arrives at february 2002. I´ll get mine in the first week of March. :D


CYA crazyBastard ;}
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
CB
Was the dealer saying that all cars built in 2002 or cars built from 1st Feb onwards will be OK? Were they specific about any problems?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
The dealer saied that all cars u buy after 1st Feb will be not completly free from a few problems. The new series will be without the problems they now till they produce the mini for Feb wich will be the 2002 Series.
So he told me to order my mini for Feb.

CYA crazyBastard ;}
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good to me! Thanks to everyone who has replied so dar

I haven't got a chassis number yet, so I'm hoping my car will be of the MINI 2002 models.

6th Of Feb! Not long now, but I'm worried that I don't have a chassis number as of yet!

Should I be worried? when should I ecpect to get a chassis number?
 

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Ibb said:
Sounds good to me! Thanks to everyone who has replied so dar

I haven't got a chassis number yet, so I'm hoping my car will be of the MINI 2002 models.

6th Of Feb! Not long now, but I'm worried that I don't have a chassis number as of yet!

Should I be worried? when should I ecpect to get a chassis number?
but u may end up with one from the old batch!
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope not, but I was thinking about that too Kinster.

As long as it will have no faults I'll be a hppy geezer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Are we really saying that all the problems were cured on 1st January 2002.

Sounds a little like wishful thinking.

No doubt problems will be getting ironed out as time passed but dont get your hopes up.

Our replacement is arriving March/April.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
I hope you are right, but the consensus view on this site (including those who seem to be in the know) is that as yet there is no fix for the left drift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
My Cooper was a September delivery and the car has been fine except for the fuel gauge, which is not a major issue.

There must be a vast number of early build owners satisfied with their Mini.

Lets not characterise early build cars as faulty otherwise this will affect future residuals.

There has been many complaints but there will be thousands of satisfied owners.
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys if I misworded my thread, what I wanted to know is whter cars from the beginning of this yr onwards were getting less faults etc, I'm not saying that 2001 cars are fault, its just that I've seen alot of faults happening thats all...its making me feel abit worried thats all


Cheers guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Appology accepted.

I do not believe that the Mini problems are as bad as this site suggests.

It is human nature to complain and I am sure that if I tried hard enough I could do the same.

I would have to try pretty hard to knock ny Cooper.

In addition, it is laughable when certain people ask about or suggest that owning white wheels is a problem to live with.

Yes if your a lazy b*****d or trying to justify buying the silver.

Come on guys, this is a great fun car.

I have owned a few new cars and there are always little niggles, just like any girlfriend or wife!
 

·
TT or not TT
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
cas said:
Appology accepted.

I do not believe that the Mini problems are as bad as this site suggests.

It is human nature to complain and I am sure that if I tried hard enough I could do the same.

I would have to try pretty hard to knock ny Cooper.

In addition, it is laughable when certain people ask about or suggest that owning white wheels is a problem to live with.

Yes if your a lazy b*****d or trying to justify buying the silver.

Come on guys, this is a great fun car.

I have owned a few new cars and there are always little niggles, just like any girlfriend or wife!
Cas,I totally agree with what your saying as I do believe us Brits would win first prize for moaning in general some are better than others at it,eh girls


You have me puzzled though Cas,how do you find time to have a girlfriend and a wife,whats your secret.:D :D :D :D
 

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
I hope they are...

My dealer (THE OLD ONE) assured me that the newer cars (of which I've just ordered one to replace my Cooper) are of a much better quality. I think it would be safe to say that they probably are, they have 6 months+ experience of building them and lots of fixes/mods in place. BUT there will probably still be a few niggles left... Hopefully none major, I'm hoping and praying that the fix for the left pull is in production now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Ordered Cooper on 12th Dec for early Feb Del I have not had my chassis number! Do you always get notified of the chassis number before del? If so by phone or mail? Here's hoping 2002 build cars have less problems!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,722 Posts
This is why Im glad I have stuck with my original delivery date of May 1st. I thought it would give MINI a chance to iron out any niggles with the car so, touch wood, my car should be fault free :) :)
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tucco said:
Ordered Cooper on 12th Dec for early Feb Del I have not had my chassis number! Do you always get notified of the chassis number before del? If so by phone or mail? Here's hoping 2002 build cars have less problems!
I know how you feel m8, its worrying isn't it?
Does anyone know the deal with chassis numbers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
I'm no expert, my dealer said yesterday that my Cooper would arrive sometime this week (Can't pick it up 'till the 1st March:( ) She said that I'd get the chassis number then. Maybe they have to wait until the car is in the showroom:confused:

OK now I'm just guessing. Well this post was no use what-so-ever but hey, I thought I'd try!:p :p :p
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top