MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my MCS last month, and I noticed a couple of days ago on the owners lounge site that it is Scheduled for Production. Just curious if anybody knows how long it takes to build the car?
I am frothing at the bit to get my hands on my first MINI!

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Me too!!! Ordered June 2, still waiting. Call 866 ASK-MINI (that's 866 275-6464) and speak with a customer service rep. They have the most accurate info.

I have found the web site to be WAY off. It stated my MINI was not scheduled for production until it was off the assembly line. It now says that it is at the VDC (true), but scheduled to be delivered to the dealer a week ago (not true). :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Me too 2,
My status also just changed a couple of days ago. Waiting for my HB/W MCS.
To those with recent deliveries, what the latest history on time to get aboard ship and across the pond? Help us over anxious to be owners out! :D

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2.

If you know when your car is estimated to be built, you should probably join in on the appropriate month build thread in the Deliver + Tracking forum, that will give you a good idea of how quickly things are progressing.

Once your car officially starts production, it takes about a week to 10 days to complete it. You will get notice of the 'build date/build week' which is when your car will be complete.

Shipping is a crapshoot. You might get on a ship the day after completion, it might be two weeks, you might get put on a ship only to get bumped before actually getting loaded. Once on the ship, its about 10 days to NY, 2 weeks to Charleston, and potentially 3 weeks to the west coast. Depends where your car is headed which VPC (and port) it will end up at.

More info you probably should check with the appropriate threads, since its always changing. Your Motoring Advisor should also have an idea of how quickly things are progressing.

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
It took about 9 days from start of production to completion (7/20). It shipped on 7/29 and just arrived at the NJ VDC today (8/6). I'm just waiting to see how long it'll take to get to my dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Poisonedwell
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing