MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2013 Cooper S. It has runlet tyres and I've upped the tyre pressures to the recommended pressures (as shown on the B-pillar). What's concerning me is the car's tendency to steer off course harshly over bumps and ruts. Have I got the pressures too high, is there something else wrong, or should I change my expectations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a similar experience with my JCW. Even though the tyres had plenty of tread left I suspected them to be the issue. I replaced all 4 with non- run flats and the tramlining disappeared immediately. Your mini should grip and handle like its on rails, so your expectations are spot on.

·
Registered
397 Posts
lower suspension arm rear bushes worn will cause similar, as will poor wheel alignment, or as you may discover if you look, worn tyres, perhaps on the inside so not so obvious, turn the steering to full lock and see, if good the bushes should be checked before you get the car aligned.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same problem with my 2010 Clubman S, I don't have run flats, but the car is all over the place on country roads. I'd imagine on a perfectly smooth track, it would be awesome.
I have Toyo Proxies on the front (they are awful in anything but bone dry conditions)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts