MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from work this evening a woman driving an MG midget ran into the back of me in stationary traffic! (I'm not going to say the obvious about a certain gender of driver. ;) )
I got out of the car and inspected the bumper. Not a scratch. :D
The woman’s excuse was that she was trying to see the badge on my car to see if it was a new MINI and got too close (big car, an MG midget. Hard to judge distances?):confused:
Bumpers seem to react as BMW said they were designed to then .... thank goodness! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good Bumpers

Sorry R1 top hear about your bump with a Mg. Good to hear hear that the Mini stood up for itself. Was there any damage??

·
Registered
927 Posts
How did the Midget fare?? In case I ever run into myself.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Good Bumpers

timlowden771 said:
Sorry R1 top hear about your bump with a Mg. Good to hear hear that the Mini stood up for itself. Was there any damage??
None that was obvious. I will have a good look tomorrow in the light. I doubt I will find anything though 'cause the bump was at below walking pace.

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sdmidget said:
How did the Midget fare?? In case I ever run into myself.
Don't now. I was too busy kicking it to notice, and it was dark! ;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Glad to hear no damage was done:)

The woman’s excuse was that she was trying to see the badge on my car to see if it was a new MINI
Maybe we should stick them in neon lights :p That way no one can miss it:rolleyes:

LMB:D

·
Registered
632 Posts
really great ! !

R1 said:

None that was obvious. I will have a good look tomorrow in the light. I doubt I will find anything though 'cause the bump was at below walking pace.
Good bumpers then - if hit by an MG Midget from behind and at below walking pace.

Did you remember to tell her it was a new MINI she`d rolled into - in case she tries it again?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Just a thought mate, but you might wanna take it into the dealership so they can take a look at it. I remember someone going into the back of my old man's beemer once. No bumper damage, but the dampers in the bumper were knackered.

Not too expensive to do, but might save your bumper if she, or someone else, goes in for another closer look...

Dom

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Dom said:
Just a thought mate, but you might wanna take it into the dealership so they can take a look at it. I remember someone going into the back of my old man's beemer once. No bumper damage, but the dampers in the bumper were knackered.
Good point:)

LMB:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm afraid i wasn't so lucky.
coming home from work yesterday afternoon a pheasant decided to run out in front of me.
I hit it at about 60 and the bumper took the impact, lots of cracking on the passenger side aswell as a damaged indicator.
I'm going this morning for the dreaded estimate, and to try and remove whats left of the pheasant in the cracks.
cheers for now
tony

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
saltyblackone said:
i'm afraid i wasn't so lucky.
coming home from work yesterday afternoon a pheasant decided to run out in front of me.
I hit it at about 60 and the bumper took the impact, lots of cracking on the passenger side aswell as a damaged indicator.
I'm going this morning for the dreaded estimate, and to try and remove whats left of the pheasant in the cracks.
cheers for now
tony
I was doing a respectable 80 (oops, typo, meant 60 officer) down the fosseway (old roman road in cirencester/cheltenham typeish area, been tarmaced though) when a pheasant thought it might stand in the road. It wasn't moving (and I wasn't in the mood to slow down) so I thought I'd just go around it. As I was going around it (should have expected this), it flew off straight into my path. With a quick swerve, i just about avoided it making aquantance with the windscreen. And that's about the only time I've managed to get body roll out of the car!

I'm expecting bumpers to be nice and expensive though...

Dom

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
what is it with these Bird's hitting MINI's

I hit a sea gull.sorry a sea gull hit me at about 70 at the top of the windscreen it sounded bad but there was no damage which was lucky cos i dont think the bird in question had insurance>:D It was in a bit of a flap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts