MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
before any one takes your money for just do stem seals you really need to do the rings at same time as factory rings sets are rubbish and part cause of to much crank case pressure than pushes oil down pcv more so, below links for ide of what i mean and what they all need at some point,

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
you know best bud as your living with it , if pcv valve faulty you will get a fault code for inlet map sensor plausibility. 55k dont mean much i've had them under 40k before many around 60k most around 80-120k and ten year old,

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Yeah, aware its hard to diagnose just from a description but would ideally like to know for certain what it is before I send it off for half a rebuild.

I've just checked codes and I'm getting mapped sensor, control. Aware that the map/maf on these are combo units if I'm not mistaken? Could be related, or has something else probably broken on it now? Haha, god this car is ace but isn't half unreliable.
Haha, god this car is ace but isn't half unreliable. no its got to the age like us all its not for ever, cant see a over 8 years old as should be fault free ,, i stand by been designed for a 5 years max business plan my self by makers,
smoke test the pcv system first job to do , if its smoking and eating oil due to its age stem seals deffo , and only a fool would not do the rings and timing chain at same time to be honest ,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts