MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Damned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listenening to a conversation on BB5 last night where Jay & Stewart both confided they`d suffered from Bus Boners & as a result, had to remain seated when their stop appeared. :eek:
I brought this up at work today thinking it a little unusual, & was amazed to find that almost everyone there had also encountered this phenomena at different times.
Even a chap in his late 50`s was almost pleased to know there were others who "shared" his experiences.
I felt a bit left out having never come across this before.

Tomorrow the MINI stays on the Drive !
:D

·
Damned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the straw poll I did, it occurs more often the closer you get to the back seat.
{No suprise there then} ;)
Its got something to do with the Diesel engine vibrations passing through to the seats (etc)while the bus is stationary .
So, C`mon all the MINI One D owners out there .. is there something you`re Not teling us
:p

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Restyle said:
So, C`mon all the MINI One D owners out there .. is there something you`re Not teling us
haha.

Darn - and we dont have the ONE D out here either! :( :p

·
Girl Next Door...
1,191 Posts
Restyle said:
According to the straw poll I did, it occurs more often the closer you get to the back seat.
{No suprise there then} ;)
Its got something to do with the Diesel engine vibrations passing through to the seats (etc)while the bus is stationary .
;) Why do you think I sold the S :eek:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Have had them on a train and in the cab of an arctic once when went for a long trip up north somewhere with a guy who drove for a living....

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
Always get them when driving a train but then being in the front sort of helps as no one can see so you can adjust yourself with no problem! :D

Occassionaaly had them on the bus BUT not often only when a bit of talent is near! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Trainman said:
Always get them when driving a train but then being in the front sort of helps as no one can see so you can adjust yourself with no problem! :D

Occassionaaly had them on the bus BUT not often only when a bit of talent is near! :rolleyes: :D
On the train, does it signal its intention? :rolleyes:

Bus: would make a nice grab handle for that talent ; could always suggest it, "Hey, lady, does this grab your attention?" "Don't slip" (this anywhere).

·
Damned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MoonPie said:
you mean is it like sittin on the spin cycle of yer washer??? :confused: :p
Yep, Which throws up a little theory in my Geeky Head :rolleyes:

Washing Machine Spin Cycle = 1200rpm [= frrequency of 20 Hz]

Diesel Engine Tickover Speed = 750rpm [= frequency of 12.5 Hz]

So in Conclusion we have just Discovered what shall be known as ...
The Frequency of Arousal [The F.A.]

So if you want to get your Partner, (or Yourself for that matter), Turned on then just Hum them a Note at the Rqd Freq. ... Simple ;)

Trainman said:
Always get them when driving a train
I guess I would if I was given a Train ..or maybe a Fire Engine to Drive

·
Damned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tone said:
So we can all 'ave a larf, Restyle, what is the F.A. frequency?
Well, as I Said..
Its seems that the Male [F.A] Frequency of Arousal is 12.5Hz
I suppose this equates to a Chinook at 200ft ... (well it works for me)

While the Female is Somewhat higher at 20Hz
Which, (in my experience), equates to the Male Voice Hummming (& eventually agreeing) to the proposal of a new Carpet ... while on the Job :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
16 Participants
Restyle
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing