MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The November 2004 issue of Business 2.0 has a special insert called Live Rich Retire Richer which has a story called A True Investment Vehicle.

In it, Karl Brauer, editor-in-chief of Edmunds.com, picks three cars that meet the following criteria:

1. Pick a car that's a lust object for the Fast and Furious crowd, with a beguiling body, fat tires, and plenty of power.
  2. Rarity. No matter how much your kids drool over the Boxster, Porsche has made so many that they'll never become showpieces.

The three cars he picks are the MINI MCS MC40, Lotus Elise, and the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale. See what Karl says about the MINI MCS MC40 here as well as the other cars.

UPDATE: I re-scanned and uploaded as a jpg file

Attachments

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Ian, didn't realize that....here's part of the article...

Who could have guessed? You, perhaps, even if you don't know valves from Valvoline. Rule No. 1 is to pick a car that's a lust object for the Fast and the Furious crowd, with a beguiling body, fat tires, and plenty of power. Why? Men in their 40s and 50s never forget the cars they craved as teens. The second rule is rarity. No matter how much your kids drool over the Boxster, Porsche has made so many that they'll never become showpieces.

With these guidelines firmly in mind -- and with the knowledge that this is a long shot at best, since most cars end up being worth no more than their weight in scrap metal -- we turned to Karl Brauer, editor-in-chief of car-buying guide Edmunds.com, to help us select three vehicles that drive well today and might just drive the collectibles market tomorrow.

$26,500
Horsepower: 163
Availability: 1,000 cars
MINI COOPER S MC40
The Mini is an econo-box like no other. It's fun to drive, has great lines, and comes in limited quantities. "I don't know when there's ever going to be as much supply as there is demand," Brauer says. Since most Minis will be treated like economy cars -- and thus driven into the ground -- Brauer expects well-preserved ones to escalate in value. One potential standout: the $26,500 S MC40, a limited edition with a paint job commemorating Mini's upset victory in the Monte Carlo Rally 40 years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And because mini doesn't produce this edition in Europe it going to be more exclusive ,only 1000 around the world and signed by paddy hopkirk what a deal?

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
sequence said:
your .pdf link wouldn't load (I have AR 6.0) Pop-up said file is damaged, could not be repaired. Jimbo
I got it to work. It downloaded as the wrong file type, attachment.php???

I just re-named it attachment.pdf, and it worked OK. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts