MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
He has got Lightning Blue and thinks it looks Purple in certain lights and doesn't like purple.
Lightning Blue is a great colour, I originally specced it til I fancied something a bit brighter :D I haven't noticed it looking purple when it's dirty though ;)

·
Living in my MINI dream !
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first choise was Laser blue... only on Cooper S'es
Second choise Pepper White... Wasn't wife compatible
Third choise Lightning Blue... had never see in in real life before purchase :-(

Hope i'll learn to live with it...

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
My first choise was Laser blue... only on Cooper S'es
Second choise Pepper White... Wasn't wife compatible
Third choise Lightning Blue... had never see in in real life before purchase :-(

Hope i'll learn to live with it...
I'm sure you'll love it once you get your hands on it ;) :cool: have a look in Becca3003's gallery, she has a Lightning Blue Cooper with Silver vipers, and it looks fab :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
The battery needs to be well charged for the Stop/start to work also in the manual it lists several situations where S/S does not work (page 48 in my manual).

·
Registered
18 Posts
DSC button, disables the traction/stability control ( press it & it lights up to indicate disabled ( also comes up on dashboard too ) - think there may also be a press & hold option too to disable something else on some models ) - not really needed to try this button yet on mine, only managed a long enough wheelspin to make the traction light on the dash flicker for a fraction of a second so far, otherwise the car has been very well behaved in self restraining the horses without the electric nanny kicking in - could come in handy should we get some snow though :D

the speedo looking one with the A is as above, Disables the stop/start feature. nothing lit up then stop start should be functional ( once engine is warmed up, battery is high enough voltage & probably a few other things too ) then when you stop in traffic or at a light etc handbrake on, take the car out of gear, release the clutch then the engine stops, you get that logo pop uo on the rev counter & the engine restarts when you press the clutch once again ( unless you open the drivers door while the engine is stopped, then you have to press the START button to get going again as the car switches off fully once the door is opened )

pressing the button till it lights up, brings on a warning on the dash to tell you its disabled & then you can sit idling, out of gear with ur foot off the clutch to your hearts content & the engine will rumble on :D - i use it often in stop start traffic as the stopping does get annoying when its going to be for mere seconds ( you can prevent it from stopping by not selecting neutral or letting the clutch out but i dont like doing that as dont fancy burning out the thrust bearing by sitting in gear holding down the clutch when stationary for longer periods regular in peak commute traffic etc ( plus its how i drove my last car too without the stop start feature so its kinda habbit now to be in neutral & clutch out for me thus i often disable the Stop/Start when in the commute traffic but let it do its stop/starty thing all the other times etc )

the 3rd button ( you dont mention so assume may be blank on your mota ) is the SPORT button, when prodded lights up a different colour to the other switches i believe, brings up a big SPORT on the rev counter display for a moment or 2 & just makes small tweaks to the car ( aparently lol ) seemed like the steering felt a little more keen last time i prodded said button on my mota but to be honest, i did not feel much if any increase in engine response - but having said that, i tried it when i was still getting used to the car after upgrading from a much older, higher mileage car that had very little power compared with the mini so the mini already felt like a rocket anyway lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
dammm, just noticed the age of the 1st post, quite a thread ressurection lol

My button dosent do anything ive tried turning it on/off nothing.? Any ideas
as mentioned above, battery has got to be in good health & engine temps normal ( too low power, too many recent engine starts & short journeys or too cold an engine will stop the system working.

also it only stops the engine when the car is out of gear & the clutch is released ( dont know if the handbrake has to be on too ) but if like many folks on hte roads, you sit, clutch down in gear on the foot brake ready for the lights to change or the vehicle ahead to move then Stop\Start wont do a thing ( unless its an automatic gearbox, then it should stop moments after you stop etc )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts