MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just bought the latest EVO mag. It has a cover CD with video footage from their COTY test. The MINI Cooper is shown UNDERTAKING a BMW M3 on the track. Only short, but very satisfying!! :D The other cars on the video are pretty cool also. Some people have all the jobs don't they!!

The CD also has some games + other stuff also. :D

Ooh, Ooh I've just noticed in the mag that they are testing their long-term test cars across the Yorkshire Moors, a silver/black MINI Cooper being one of them. They have had the Works kit fitted to it. :D

Now. Where has my credit card gone !!!

They also give the Civic Type R a slating.
the (MINI's)cornering speeds are right up there. It makes the Civic look crude by comparison.
:D :D ;)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
R1 said:
Just bought the latest EVO mag. It has a cover CD with video footage from their COTY test. The MINI Cooper is shown UNDERTAKING a BMW M3 on the track. Only short, but very satisfying!! :D The other cars on the video are pretty cool also. Some people have all the jobs don't they!!

The CD also has some games + other stuff also. :D

Ooh, Ooh I've just noticed in the mag that they are testing their long-term test cars across the Yorkshire Moors, a silver/black MINI Cooper being one of them. They have had the Works kit fitted to it. :D

Now. Where has my credit card gone !!!

They also give the Civic Type R a slating. :D :D ;)
Exactly the kind of inspiration I need on a Monday morning... Cheers!

Only 7 months to go!:rolleyes:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
R1 said:
.....The MINI Cooper is shown UNDERTAKING a BMW M3 on the track...
Since the CD probably won't be attached to the export copies of EVO magazine, I don't think I'll have the opportunity to see it.

Sorry to be daft, but when you say "undertaking"

do you mean "taking on, challenging" a M3?

or...

do you mean the Cooper S "overtook, executed a pass maneuver, pulled ahead of" a M3?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Undertaking

BruceK said:

Since the CD probably won't be attached to the export copies of EVO magazine, I don't think I'll have the opportunity to see it.

Sorry to be daft, but when you say "undertaking"

do you mean "taking on, challenging" a M3?

or...

do you mean the Cooper S "overtook, executed a pass maneuver, pulled ahead of" a M3?
I think he means passing the M3 on the inside, e.g taking the inside line on a corner

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: Undertaking

rich said:
I think he means passing the M3 on the inside, e.g taking the inside line on a corner
Also BruceK, I think he was refering to the Cooper and not the Cooper S :)

LMB:D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: Undertaking

LMB said:

Also BruceK, I think he was refering to the Cooper and not the Cooper S :)

LMB:D
Sorry, "Cooper S" is stuck in my brain - of course it must be the standard MINI Cooper as the press hasn't driven a Cooper S yet.

I should't forget that the regular MINI Cooper is quite capable of dusting off the 'big boys' as Road & Track has shown and EVO's M3 driver has apparently discovered. :)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The EVO mag & free CD is amazing :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
The Aston Matin Vantage Vanquish is stunning, ohh so is that Jaguar Type R, that Bentley & at the Ford GT40. Now im off to do the lottery & see if I can scoop a £15m win so I can have a garage like Pink Floyds NICK MASON :D :D

(maybe more chance of me a Fault Free MINI) :D :D

K

·
0 Posts
As our international friends will not be receiving the CD with video I have copied the video file (all 72MB), into my morpheusmorpheus shared files. The filename to search for is ecoty.rm, or the teeny bit smaller zip: evo_car_of_the_year.zip . I highly recommend that you buy the magazine as well: Evo magazine

If anybody has an FTP site that I can drop this into then I am willing to upload it, be aware that this is rather dodgy regarding copyright. . . . .

Please note, the MINI content of this video amounts to about 30 seconds, but it's still worth a download for some great supercar action!

M.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts