MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI looking to buy mcs 05-06 . i have a focus to trade in good spec but only offerd £3k against a £12k s . is this a fair price , they still want top price for theirs . is it a buyers market at the moment or do i have to haggle harder.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I got a letter from my local dealer wanting to buy my car - must want MINIs, however, the R53 MCS is becomming less popular due to the high tax and fuel consumption so for one of those, its a buyers market. If you can deal with top band tax and fuel consumption you are in for a great car. Still how old is your focus - I'd try and haggle because they're going to have more money in the car than they're letting on.

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
HI looking to buy mcs 05-06 . i have a focus to trade in good spec but only offerd £3k against a £12k s . is this a fair price , they still want top price for theirs . is it a buyers market at the moment or do i have to haggle harder.
We'd probably need to know a lot more than just "a focus" to tell you if it's a good price! ;) :D

Tigger.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Dealers are maybe not doing so well at the moment, by mailing and emailing all their customers, it's trying to get them back in to visiting dealerships. Also the 58 is out now too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I wasn't to happy with what I was offered as a trade in on a 6yr old Mondeo, so I popped it on eBay with a reserve of what the dealer had offered. Got an extra £1,000 as it sold with 'Buy It Now' in less than 24hrs. The dealer had agreed to just take what they had offered in cash if I did manage to sell it.

The dealer had also said that as they would be auctioning the car that they would split (50% each) anything over their offer if it gained more at auction. Still I'd rather have all the extra in my pocket than lining theirs!!

Cheers,
fjarvis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts