MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just about to buy my wife her 1st Cooper S, She has had two Mini ones over the past 3 years....

Just wondered what you thought about the price and spec etc.....;)

Mini Cooper S Automatic ( she got auto licence only)
March 2008 08 Reg
Dark Silver
2000 Miles
Standard Spec apart from
Auto Dimming Int Mirror
Rain and Auto Light Sensors
Black Roof and Black Mirror Caps

Getting it for £14500, So deal or deal guys ????????:confused:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Better if you can find one with Chilli pack....missing air con etc that the pack gets you and I would guess most people want Chilli pack so harder to sell on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better if you can find one with Chilli pack....missing air con etc that the pack gets you and I would guess most people want Chilli pack so harder to sell on.

yeah did want a chilli pack really but cant find one at the right money also only want low miles on it too , I think it was going to cost me about £17000 so about £2500 more than i getting this one for ?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Certainly not worth 2.5k more....but I would keep looking till youfind one with it. It will make a difference when you come to sell it, polus you get xenon headlights, half leather sets and a whole load more other things.

A lot of people complain that the non-xenon lights are pants...so just be aware of that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Certainly not worth 2.5k more....but I would keep looking till youfind one with it. It will make a difference when you come to sell it, polus you get xenon headlights, half leather sets and a whole load more other things.

A lot of people complain that the non-xenon lights are pants...so just be aware of that.
I will but seems a good deal also got a great Mini Finance with it...

I know the lights are pants we had two mini ones, i have always upgraged the lights bulbs in both of them, It only a 2nd car so not to fussed about leather got that in our Audi which is has got massive spec on it anyway...

·
SimonSJR
263 Posts
It seems you've already made your mind up tbh matey...

I've got a new Cooper S coming, exact same colour combo as the one your looking at, dark silver with black roof and stripes... It does have chilli pack a multi function wheels along with darkened glass etc and its come at £19,500 with the TLC pack.

It would appear to me that if you are not interested in leather seats or air con then this is a good deal on a very new car with next to no mileage. I would go for it to be honest mate, and anyways, from the outside it'll look the dogs!

I take it from your username you are from the gold and black side of town!

All I have to say is "Boing Boing Baggies Baggies Boing Boing" :p

Good luck with the purchase mate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems you've already made your mind up tbh matey...

I've got a new Cooper S coming, exact same colour combo as the one your looking at, dark silver with black roof and stripes... It does have chilli pack a multi function wheels along with darkened glass etc and its come at £19,500 with the TLC pack.

It would appear to me that if you are not interested in leather seats or air con then this is a good deal on a very new car with next to no mileage. I would go for it to be honest mate, and anyways, from the outside it'll look the dogs!

I take it from your username you are from the gold and black side of town!

All I have to say is "Boing Boing Baggies Baggies Boing Boing" :p

Good luck with the purchase mate.

Hi mate,

Yep i bought it now, collecting it next weekend,Wasnt fused about leather or xenons anyway....
It was a good price esp with the low mileage like u said.....Love the colour combo also !!!!:D

Yep Gold and Black Army all the way for me, Think it might be our season this year we have bought some good players in last few weeks....
:)

see u around town then when u getting yours ???

·
SimonSJR
263 Posts
Mine comes on September 1st...

I'm excited to be moving back to a mini. My biggest reason is that i'm a Junior Surveyor in the construction industry, and I got myself a Z4 last summer, but it seems to give the wrong impression to colleagues, simple because its a convertible BMW, irrespective of the fact it is worth less than a new Cooper S.

None the less i'm extremely excited.... Unsure whether to put the JCW engine upgrade on it or go with a Re-map for 1/3 of the price..... Have to see how bad this credit crunch gets hey.

I look forward to seeing you around buddy.

p.s. its the Wolves year every year :p I hope you do it though, midlands football is in dyer need of some good premiership clubs coming through the ranks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All,

Just about to buy my wife her 1st Cooper S, She has had two Mini ones over the past 3 years....

Just wondered what you thought about the price and spec etc.....;)

Mini Cooper S Automatic ( she got auto licence only)
March 2008 08 Reg
Dark Silver
2000 Miles
Standard Spec apart from
Auto Dimming Int Mirror
Rain and Auto Light Sensors
Black Roof and Black Mirror Caps

Getting it for £14500, So deal or deal guys ????????:confused:

Hold the Press, Change of mind has happened local dealer called me yesterday afternoon
asking what he can do to make me buy a new mini cooper s from him and not the one i was on about above.... I replied it all about the money bring your price down and ill do i deal....

So on the above Used Mini Cooper S i was offered a monthly payment of £237.00 on a pcp , my local dealer got back to me and said he could do me a brand new Mini Cooper S and will be on a 58 plate for £242.00 per month pcp deal, Not bad considering he first offered at £305 per mth!

So i popped in last night and ordered a nice brand new Mini Cooper S for the Mrs....
Delivery will be End Sept, Just gotta let him know on spec if i want any extras on it before the end of this weekend. Chilli Pack is a no go because it will put the payments up to high for me, Any Ideas please ???

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
how much does the deal for the 58 plate mcs translate to in terms of the purchase price, rather than monthly payments??

make sure the stealer is giving you a decent discount of the actual retail price rather than just fiddling around with monthly payments and term lengths...as they can be prone to do....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much does the deal for the 58 plate mcs translate to in terms of the purchase price, rather than monthly payments??

make sure the stealer is giving you a decent discount of the actual retail price rather than just fiddling around with monthly payments and term lengths...as they can be prone to do....

Yep i checked him out about 4% discount off total otr car price also full tank of fuel on collection
Also gave me the best px price for our exsisting mini one by £1000.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
that sounds good, more or less the discount that ive been offered for my impending new order - good to see that half decent disounts are finally appearing on new mini's :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just means the residuals will fall even fiurther.....so not a good thing in my book.

Explain so are you telling me i would be better off with the Used Mini Cooper S that i was going to buy in the 1st please??????:confused:

I cant see why as i have only ended up borrowing about £900 more for a brand new one on a 58 plate and not 08 plate and got spec i wanted on it also ????

·
Registered
42 Posts
personally i think its great deal you've got - much better to get a solid discount up front than worry about residuals. too much talk about that. enjoy buying and using the car, not thinking about years down the line - thats how i look at it anyway - and 4% is well worth having - nice one :smile:

·
24hr
248 Posts
Cliveywolves,

I think Fergus means, now that dealers are offering decent discounts on new Mini's that this will affect second hand values, and was meaning generally and not commenting on your choice. Seeing as he will soon be selling his ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yep thought he was after i read the post again.....half a sleep when i replied......

anyway ordered now and gone to build today so cant change spec or mind now......just gotta wait now.....

ps, here is spec also didnt have chilli pack as not bothered about leather or xenons as it a 2nd car and was going to make payments a lot more also !!

Mini Cooper S 1.6 (58) 2008
Dark Silver
Cloth Chequered Black
Automatic Gearbox
Heated Windscreen Washer Jets/Mirrors
Roof & Mirror Caps In Black
On Board Computer
Interior Light Pack
Chrome Line Interior Pack....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi All...

The wife picked up her New Cooper S Today looks very nice bit dark when i got back from work for pics will post some asap, full spec as above in my prev post !!!

Top award for salesman at Knights Mini Stafford, Gave her a full tank of petrol, 2x Mini Keyrings, A Goodie box with a another fancy Mini keyring, camera and diecast mini cooper, Also gave our little girl a Mini soft toy car price on that was £19.99.... Top Man......

Cheers....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts