MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, possibly a new Mini owner here, I'm just looking for some advice please!

My Dad is getting a new car, so I'm considering buying his old Mini Cooper D.

Its a '10 plate (PSA engine I think, I've looked at the interior and the dials are silver, I believe this is an identifier?). It's done 53K, and has full service history. He's owned it for the past 5 years and has always looked after it. My only concern is reliability. I have an '05 Honda Jazz, and it starts first time every time, but its a complete shed (mould, leaks etc) so I'm looking for something newish.

We haven't really discussed a price, but it will be between £3-£4k.

Would it be a good idea to buy it, or is it coming up to the age where everything starts to go wrong and starts costing me a fortune in repairs?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm on my second one, my current one is a 2010. Both have been enjoyable cars, I owned my original 2007 model from new and covered 70,000 miles mainly trouble free. A good service history with everything done on time will help. I am not totally sure but think the engine may have changed before the 'LCI' update which included the black rather than silver dial surrounds, so check the engine capacity on the V5 registration document, 1560cc is a PSA motor, 1598cc is BMW's own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts