MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought a 2010 Mni Cooper S Convertible at auction, online. I left the auction centre and within 3 minutes the car started to rattle and a couple of minutes after that it started to make a machine gun-like sound around the 2k rev mark and only on acceleration. It would stop imediately when I lifted the accelerator. I was unable to return the car immediately because I had the last pick up appointment of the day and they closed. When I inquired about a return they simply just said 'Sold As Seen'. I am stuck with this car. So far I have replaced, the Timing Chain, Water Pump Friction Wheel and Pully, Brake Vacum Pump, Exhaust Cam Vanos Timing Gear, Belt Tensioner, Friction Wheel Adapter Plug, Drive Belt, Water Pump and EX Vanos Solenoid. I am pleased to say that the engine sounds perfect at idle and the chain end runs perfectly. What we have left is this Machine Gun type knocking/tapping that only happens when you are accelerating and normally around 2/3k revs in all gears. It's really loud and stops as soon as I lift the pedal. If there is anyone that can help me resolve this I would be incredibly grateful. I am at my wits end with this car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts