MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just picked up my new MCS last thursday and it hasn't got tax. I've had a read around but am a little confused.

I had my insurance updated the morning I picked up the mini so am still awaiting the documents to arrive in the post. This means that I don't have an up to date insurance certificate to take to the post office with me.

I have the new keepers slip and new MOT certificate. What do I need to take to the post office with me as im worried about not displaying a valid tax disc etc....:frown:

Thanks

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Well it use to be the new keepers slip they sent off but the registered keeper does that now, so if you took the Insurance cert and the slip, that should be fine oh and the MOT of course :)

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
You can't tax the car at a Post Office without the V5C.

With the New Keepers Supplement, valid MOT and valid Insurance you can do it at a DVLA office, but not a Post Office.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I tax many cars and my local post office is fine with the green slip for new keeper if its got YOUR name on it , you will also need a MOT if over 3 years old and the insurance.

·
Registered
422 Posts
More alarmingly I just got my Car a week last Thursday and I have road tax ok as the Dealer did it but I Don’t have the V5 Yet. I posted off my slip for the old car saying I was no longer the owner.

I take it I will get the V5 through the post?

But if you don’t have Tax your not insured, is that not right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys/gals but like i say im awaiting the updated insurance docs as my current ones have my old car on?

Is it a case that I just need to wait for the updated documents and then do as stated above?

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
You can't tax it without insurance, either at the DVLA or a Post Office, so you'll have to wait I'm afraid :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts