MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my first MINI!! It's got to be the most fun car I've ever had. We recently took it out to the Midwest and we're driving along when I hear my husband say "Throw out the anchor!!" I look over at him and we are going 105 MPH!!!!! Never ever noticed!!! Now I would like to personalize it.... here in the US - especially the East Coast - there are quite a few MINIS and while mine will always be unique to me, I want other people to also think so.. :D I have searched and searched the internet looking for anywhere that sells that zipper decal, but I can't find a single site that carries it!! HELP!!!!!!

·
Serial Mini Hugger
87 Posts
Hi karoo!

I got my Mini in August and I've been loving it ever since!

I ordered custom decals from Mightystripes.com. Idlegear.co.uk also will manufacture and send out decals ordered to your spec. You should check with your dealership too cause I think they do it as an "official" roof graphic!

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2!

The zipper decal is technically an official MINI part, but there's some question of if its available in the US.

Here's a discussion of it being released, but its a MINI (not MINIUSA) press release:
http://www.mini2.com/news/news238.html

Have you checked with your dealer to see if its available? As it was only announced in May, it may have just started being available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks tp those who wrote back

I appreciate my fellow USA people for writing me back. I was trying to avoid going back to the dealership as my whole 'buying experience' was not necessarily the best I've ever had when purchasing a car. So, I' not overly interested in giving them any more of my money. And since they are in Princeton, I'm sure the price will be, shall we say, MORE than perhaps if I purchased it elsewhere and my husband applied it himself. BUT <sigh>, if that's what I'm forced to do to get it, then so be it...... ;)

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
If you're in NJ, there's other dealers that are available. If its something that's not a 'must do it know' thing like getting the roof decal, I'd call around to other dealers (I know the ones in mid and northern Jersey are well liked, but check with local people for more reccomendations) and see if they have it, and then if you're in the area, stop and have them put it on.

Its a valid point to not support bad dealers, but not all of them are bad, if you're willing to drive.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The MINI part number for the zip roof decal is 95 21 0 000 021

We had ours fitted in June and haven't seen another one yet so they are pretty rare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.