MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Keeper of the Golden Pie.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it has happened .... bidded a tearful farewell to the Cooper on Saturday. Was soon happy again though as they passed the keys to my new (new to me anyway OV53) Cooper S to me !!!

Ooohhh... she's wonderful, BRG with White Roof, just like the Cooper.

Shame it started snowing on the way back from North Oxford Mini on Saturday, I suppose I will have to tame her to my driving style when the roads are a bit more grippy !!

Has anyone else made this transition ? If so - when do you stop selecting 6th when you go to reverse off of your driveway in the mornings ?

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
dwbrown said:
Has anyone else made this transition ? If so - when do you stop selecting 6th when you go to reverse off of your driveway in the mornings ?
congratulation on your COOPER S! :D great stuff :cool:

but er 6th gear when really you want to select reverse :eek: :eek: :D i do hope that there is not a garage or a brickwall in front of where you park your car! :eek: that could be disasterous :eek: :D

·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, so far I've never let the clutch out, the action of putting it into that position is triggering something sub-consciousy telling me that I've changed cars and that reverse is no longer by my thigh, but next to Claudia Schiffers knee.......

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
well i dont think anyone could be as bad as me! :rolleyes: i went to select first gear and when i lifted the clutch the flipping car shot backwards :eek: :eek: Oh My God the horror i'd selected reverse! :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :D

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
dwbrown said:
Made the transition from an MC to an MCSC and yes I have made this mistake. Only let out on the clutch a little bit when I realized my mistake. I still have to use two hands to get the car into reverse sometimes. And I have also mistaken 4th for 6th a few times (those RPM's soon let me kow though) while driving...but haven't done it in a while.

·
MINI2 Muppet
885 Posts
Congrats!

I changed from a chipped Mini One to a Cooper S a few months ago - its a great feeling aint it!

I am always selecting reverse instead of 1st gear though still - 10 weeks on from buying it! I hope the bug goes away soon - its starting to get embarassing!

How did you find North Oxford Garage and who did you deal with? Sarah sold me my first Mini.

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
dwbrown said:
I had exactly the same trouble when I had the loan of a couple of S's over the summer. I also tried the converse but the gear box let me know it wasn't a good idea :eek: :D

·
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Y'all, photos will be forthcoming at the weekend - if the weather co-operates !
North Oxford Garage have been excellent, bought my first Cooper from Nathan, Sarah handled the purchase of this Cooper S.
Had a bit of a disagreement with the service dept - see http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72303
It was all sorted in the end, but could have been done a lot quicker if they had listened to what I told them was wrong with the car in the first place !

Cheerz - Brownz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts