MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well after 44 documented faults in 9 months - some major, some minor, I've decided to call it a day with my MINI :(. I have now officially rejected my car through Lex (my leasing company) and they've said it shouldn't be a problem to take it back.

A lot of you know the history of my car so I won't go into details of all the problems it's had but thank you for all your help and advice in the past.

I will be ordering a new 1-series Beemer, hopefully I'll have more luck with it than my MINI.

This week I am sorting out a company fleet policy for the insurance so I will be able to drive my mum & dads Cooper S for meets & cruises - so you haven't got rid of me :D :D !!

Everyone say Bye-Bye to Christine the MINI Cooper *waves*

Jase :)

· Track addict
5,935 Posts
jasonfields007 said:
Everyone say Bye-Bye to Christine the MINI Cooper *waves*

Jase :)

The problem with females like 'Christine' is her high maintainance factor mate.... get used to it, it happens. But theres one thing to remember.... you'll always remember your 'first love', and all after her will simply not measure up. Years after you've forgotton 'Helga', the new one series, you fondly remember Christine, and you will wish you kept hold of her....

Trust me, she may have been high maintance, but she'll always be in your heart. Then, when your old and wise, you may track her down, and be reunited. She'll be an original classic then.

Hope the bimmer doesn't bore you to death by being to bland....

· MINI defector
13,192 Posts
Sorry to hear its finally come to this Jase :(

It's not nice when some of us are forced into seeking alternative cars.

· Registered
53 Posts
I hope that a 1 series BMW will be better than the 2 of them I saw being recovered on 54 day. Both were in the Bolton/Manchester area and were dead at roadside in process of being winched onto the back of flatbeds.

It's a game of chance, I know it should not be.

· Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
I know I'd be gutted if I had to get rid of my MINI, but at some point common sense would overcome the obsession if I had repeated problems. Sorry to hear about it, Jase. Even if you do think my fuel door looks like something from Halfords! ;) Seriously, best wishes with the BMW.

· Registered
2,323 Posts
At least you'll still be on here and runs :)

Think you made a good choice (sensiblish) with the 1 series there growing on me, I rejected mine after 25faults (MCS), but I was addicted and swapped my MCS for erm... a MCS, which has after 7000miles had a new gearbox grrrrrrr! (not due to crap driving or anything) its hard to find a good alternative to the Mini, yes theres lots of good cars out there but non quite like the Mini, have test driven a Z4, but still want the Mini :D

· Slippery When Wet
2,555 Posts
Wow. I just lost my MINI in an accident and I'm heartbroken to not have one - I can't imagine voluntarily getting rid of it. However, I can sympathize with all the stress of constant faults, so the decision makes sense. :( Good choice with the 1 series - I think they look great ;) Best of luck! :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.