MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown: bye clutch

anbody had warrenty work on a clutch? i have a few weeks left on mine, how did it go with the dealer, mines happy to take it apart for inspection, ;)
but i do not want to caught with my trousers down on this one,
if they decide i have "abused" it i will end with a 1k bill for sure :angry:

any suggestions as to what abuse looks like....my history july build 05 mcs
5 drags [ = less than 75 seconds of abuse] and 1/2 a track day 2+hrs ish, will be balanced by mostly motorway work, and 30k driven by captin slow , :D
20k of which although at 240+ bhp available, but not always used,
no one is on the road when i mostly travel so no time spent racing saxos or lambos at traffic lights :wink:

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
If they say it has been abused ask them how they can determine it has and what the differences between an abused clutch and a faulty clutch look like ;)

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
The clutch is classed as a consumable part and thus only carries a 12 month warranty not the full three years ;)

Your dealer probably doesn't know that though :p

Unfortunately if they take it apart for inspection and then find its not down to mechanical failure, they can charge you for their time spent thus far, and then stitch you for a new one :(

Better off booking it into somewhere like Woodmans who will give you a very good fixed price to do the work :)

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
750,000 miles in other cars with no clutch issues, some well over 100k and i know that dealers have been told by mini about an issue with mcs assembly, so will not be happy with "consumable -story"
+ if paying for work will be looking at some upgraded clutches

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello new clutch, thanks to my local dealer :) foc with a month to go on warranty ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts