MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have just got back from buying a BMW 6 stack system for the boot of my MCC. I CANNOT anywhere find where the CD prep is in the boot. My car was in the first batch ordered but i know for sure the dealer told me it would be standard. Has every one got it? or will this be another thing BMW have upset me about. (CD system is sitting on the side looking at me.) :(

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
I've just been and checked the boot and I cant find where the prep is either.???????

CD prep is standard equipment on the Cabrio.!

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Spur,you'll need to get a 05 bracket for the multi changer as the old one will not fit in the cabrio boot.:(

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for looking. So have the people who got the first ordered Convertibles not got this? or am i to thick to find it. Has anyone got it?

·
Registered
453 Posts
dinger said:
Spur,you'll need to get a 05 bracket for the multi changer as the old one will not fit in the cabrio boot.:(
Thanks for info. Do you have any idea how much? I just bought the system without checking it, (Cos i could not find the cd prep) so my fingers are crossed that i have not wasted my money.

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
should be on opposite side of boot to hatch ie left
was on original spec-that is all cabrios

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
I've just been and had another look in the boot this time with the hood in the easy load mode and theres a cubby hole with a remove'able flap at each side.!

If your facing your boot the left hand side cubby hole has a load of wires and the right hand side has two cables {like there from a push bike}but I still cannot find loose wires with a connector for the multi changer.:(

dinger....who has a really bad feeling about this.:(

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
I'll have alook later, all the multi changer installs I've seen have just been on the boot floor so the cables may be under the carpet.

Cheers, Peter

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
I rang the dealership to see what side of the boot the multi changer fits and its apparently its the passenger side and the wiring should be yellow with a connector on the end.

Well I have'nt got either of them in my boot.:(

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
minicabrio-uk said:
Also.....
Phoned dealer today regarding CD Prep (or rather the absense of it), and was told that I would have to pay for it to be installed as it is not standard.
minicabrio-uk, CD prep is standard in the Cabrio.:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
no c.d prep but did find this...

Couldn't find any yellow wires that weren't attached on the passenger side (perhaps they are plugged into a dummy socket?), but on the right hand side where the roof mechanism is, I found this bold just sitting loose - should I be worried?

Attachments

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
kimd said:
Couldn't find any yellow wires that weren't attached on the passenger side (perhaps they are plugged into a dummy socket?), but on the right hand side where the roof mechanism is, I found this bold just sitting loose - should I be worried?

Errrrr, probably :(

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
kimd said:
Always said you had a screw loose ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
dinger said:
minicabrio-uk, CD prep is standard in the Cabrio.:)
So did your new car come without CD prep?
I was told it was standard, I've the got cd changer ready to fit so hope the cable is there :confused:

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
Ok, all I found was: a loose trim clip, a battery, two hatches, my tool kit and locking wheel nut remover, a jack, a boot base installed the wrong way round and......no CD prep :mad:

Cheers, Peter

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Silver and Black said:
So did your new car come without CD prep?
I was told it was standard, I've the got cd changer ready to fit so hope the cable is there :confused:
I have one ready to fit as well,but I cannot find the wires or the connector anywhere in the boot.:(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
9 Participants
dinger
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing